Hsbc unfair default on file NEED removing

Wayneponton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, just wondered if anyone could give me a little hand please.

Yesterday I went into Halifax to go onto my partners mortgage, they turned me down saying there was a default on my account I new nothing about. After coming home and going on experian there was nothing on there to be seen, puzzled!! I phoned experian up and after being on hold for 15mins they finally said they have found a default on my file.

HSBC current account--- (basic account no cheque book etc, just a bank card to use at ATMs)

I then rang up hsbc to see what this default was for, as iv received no information of this default.

So last year in dec 2012, I went to cash my cheques at hsbc bank, they refused these cheques point blank saying they won't cash them because it said roofing on the end of my name, (this baring in mind has never ever been an issue with hsbc before as I had the same account for over 10years) so I said ok can I open a business account with yourselfs, so the lady took me to her office did all the details, to then turn round and tell me no I couldn't have one..

So I had these cheques which I couldn't cash which I had been waiting months for anyway. Didn't no what to do.

Went across to natwest and straight away opened me a business bank account, would be up and running in two weeks. Why hsbc couldn't just do that amazes me!

Anyway everything was then moved to my new account, bar one d/d that must have been missed.

They tried to take it out and d/d must of bounced as company of the d/d gave me call alerting of this payment.

This d/d was then removed to new account.

Next thing I no I had a company phone me saying I owe hsbc £970, wow shock.

I asked for the statements of these and what it's for and still to this day don't no what they are for.

Anyway I phoned the company up and paid off the 970. So that was that.

So I gather this 970 was charges on a d/d that wasn't paid anyway...

They have but a default on my credit file, which I think is totally unfair. It says it's settled but I need it completely off, iv never had anything like this before so I'm pretty upset about the whole matter as now I'm struggling to get on a mortgage iv worked so hard for.

Any advice on getting this removed?

Thanks for taking time to read.

Looking forward to your replays

Thank you

If accounts/invoices /direct debits etc were not paid, then the default entry is correct and is unlikely to be removed.

You can try making a formal complaint to the bank, it then has 56 days to investigate and respond to the complaint.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for your reply.

By meaning they weren't paid I mean the bank rejected the d/d then continued to add on bank charges, without my knowledge or a default notice being issued, which then obviously amounted there being 970 in charges.

Iv spoken with the bank over the phone for over an hour which said they will get a complaints team to ring me in 5 days. Do I take this call or am I best off doing it all in writing?

Thanks again for your reply

OK , can't see why the 5 day time lag for contact with the complaints team is needed, personally I would make a written complain asap, telephone conversations are too easy to deny.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: