Barclays not helpful with refund for online infurn.com furniture purchase

Arty dinmore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, has anyone had any problems with this company? (infurn.com). Recently, I purchased some furniture from them. I panicked after I had paid them because I didn't receive a confirmation email or any information regarding my order. I emailed them 3 times and tried to call their number in Spain (the number didn't work). I eventually received an email informing me I would receive my goods in February!!! HELP!!! :shock: What do I do?????? :???::jaw::noidea::ballchain: Thanks

Hi, has anyone had any problems with this company? (INFURN.COM). :???: Recently, I purchased some furniture from them. I panicked after I had paid them because I didn't receive a confirmation email or any information regarding my order. I emailed them 3 times and tried to call their number in Spain (the number didn't work). I eventually received an email informing me I would receive my goods in February!!! HELP!!! What do I do?????? :ballchain: Thanks

UK Infurn office I obtained while at their london office: 02071832691

Hi, thanks for your mail. According to my bank, there are procedures in place and therefore I am unable to do anything about this until a certain period of time (I can't remember the exact amount of days, I had to rush in today and was kept waiting for so long I had to rush to my next appointment).

They are misinformed. A chargeback can be done from the day after the transaction was done. tell them again and if they insist, ask to speak to a supervisor. Do not accept this reasoning, as the purchase was more than £100 if the card carries the Visa or Mastercard logo s75 of the CCA counts and they have no choice.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Forum,

I am having a great deal of difficulty with my bank.:!: On the 20th of October I made an online purchase to infurn.com a furniture company. My concerns were alerted when I didn't receive a confirmation email confirming the order and delivery day. (When I had placed the order the company had promised a delivery of 7-10 days). When I tried to contact the company, I discovered were in Spain, the telephone number didn't work so I sent them an email expressing my concerns and asking when the goods would arrive. Their returned email confirmed they had received my order (and payment which had already left my bank) and the goods would be delivered on the 23rd of February 2014 :!::!: I sent them an immediate email back asking them for a refund as I know longer wanted the goods if they were going to arrive that late in the day. Here's where the trouble begins...:-(

On the 23rd of October they replied to my email agreeing to a refund and informed me I would get the refund in 30 days. The long and short of the story is that I was advised that according to the DSR 30 days is outside the time they are allowed and I should contact my bank and get them to do a recharge for the money. I contacted the bank on several occasions and they advised me I would have to wait 30 days which after a few conversations and visits to the branch went down to 15. During the 15 day wait I received another email from infurn.com telling me my refund would be on the 4th of December :mad2: Now my maths is not too good but I do know that 30 days from when the payment was made or when the refund was agreed is not the 4th of December :!:

On two occasions I have spent a 2 hour time period in the bank and I have made several calls to Visa merchant dispute department and I have found them to be less then helpful. Visa refused to do anything until the 15th day and then only to send me documents for me to sign which took another 5 days for them to look at even after I had got my bank to fax the papers through to them, I still had to wait:!::-x I've been in tears about it, especially as I could not afford to not have the money if I hadn't got the goods as the goods were a purchase I made for a new business and I can not start the business without the goods or the money to purchase other equipment. This problem has cost me more than just time and money:!:

The bank have been frustratingly unhelpful and when I asked why they were making me wait so long they said they were only following Visa rules. When I asked why Visa were not adhering to the Distance Selling Regulations they couldn't answer:!::shock:

Can anyone give me some advice please :???: Thank you

Edited by slick132

Hi AD,

Thread title changed to avoid defamatory remarks, which CAG cannot risk carrying. :wink:

Was the purchase made using a debit or a credit card.

Have you put any of this to Barclays in writing. To have a proper paper trail, everything should be in writing only.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi AD,

On their site they say, "This is why delivery time may vary between 10 to 18 weeks after ordering, which can be easily monitored with the transportation tracking ID we provide."

The bank is not being unreasonable in giving the trader time to make the refund. The bank will not necessarily just reverse the transaction on your request and they are likely to make enquiries with the traders bank before any charge back is done. It would be different if there is a suggestion of fraud or dishonesty on the part of the trader.

When you placed the order, did you see anything that suggested a quicker delivery time.

You could call the Visa Merchant Dispute Dep't to get their address, or ask for it in your branch. Then you can write to the bank so you refund request is confirmed in writing.

Moving this to the General Retail forum where you may get more input.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...

Infurn are a [problem] from start to finish. They take your money and refuse to cancel an order or refund. The only way I could get my money refunded what to turn up at their London office, 20-24 broadwick street, london. Whilst I was there another unhappy customer arrived, they have scammed many people.

Go there and demand a refund, do not leave until you get one.

This is a direct number for the UK Infurn office I obtained while at their london office: 02071832691

To the original poster would you please add this number in BOLD to your 1st post so others looking for info on Infurn will see it easily?

Hope that helps you get your money back!!

Hi thanks for your reply.

I finally got my money back but it took some doing!! I didn't get it back for over two months!!!

If I had received your message at the beginning I would've most definitely gone to their office in London. They have caused me more trouble & cost then just the problem of getting a refund!

I'm sorry to hear you have also had problems with them - they shouldn't be allowed to do it!!

Infurn are a **** from start to finish. They take your money and refuse to cancel an order or refund. The only way I could get my money refunded what to turn up at their London office, 20-24 broadwick street, london. Whilst I was there another unhappy customer arrived, they have ****med many people.

Go there and demand a refund, do not leave until you get one.

This is a direct number for the UK Infurn office I obtained while at their london office: 02071832691

To the original poster would you please add this number in BOLD to your 1st post so others looking for info on Infurn will see it easily?

Hope that helps you get your money back!!

Hi, has anyone had any problems with this company? (INFURN.COM). :???: Recently, I purchased some furniture from them. I panicked after I had paid them because I didn't receive a confirmation email or any information regarding my order. I emailed them 3 times and tried to call their number in Spain (the number didn't work). I eventually received an email informing me I would receive my goods in February!!! HELP!!! What do I do?????? :ballchain: Thanks

I've just been given their number in London it's INFURN:02071832691

Hi I've just tried to add the number to my original post & I don't know how to do it!

Hi thanks for your reply.

I finally got my money back but it took some doing!! I didn't get it back for over two months!!!

If I had received your message at the beginning I would've most definitely gone to their office in London. They have caused me more trouble & cost then just the problem of getting a refund!

I'm sorry to hear you have also had problems with them - they shouldn't be allowed to do it!!

Glad its done but your bank deserves a complaint for being so slow. Yes, they have certain protocols to follw but they can refund you and if the company objects they have to take the matter up with you rather than the bank.m Usually they inform the Co that a chargeback is being done and does the company object to this? well, yes the company is going to object and the more bent they are the louder the objection.

Hola,

Me encuentro en la misma situación.

Habéis conseguido el reembolso a través de infurn o del banco?

Qué acciones habéis seguido?

Gracias!

Hello, I am in the same situation.

You have got the refund through INFURN or the bank? What steps did you follow?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I'm sick that I didn't see these notices prior to making my purchase with Infurn. I'm putting a close on my card that made the payment and hoping the bank will be able to get back my monies. They had said something about the furniture being delivered in Feb. but I'm almost too nervous to not do anything about it.

• 1 month later...

NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

I think they are complete [edit]s. They don't give you any money back but think the public are so stupid when they keep giving dicounts on further purcheases when the first purchase never arrives in the first place!!!!!

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT HOW MUCH MONEY THEY MAKE ON THE MILLIONS OF EUROS AND OTHER CURRENCY IN INTERST ALONE?????

They pay for this woman to scour the net and get angry and negative comments off the various sites on the web. They should spend OUR money in trying to be honest and say they cant deliver and try to do something to run an honest company and deliver our orders!!!!

I paid in full over £1400 in September!!!!! I get regular messages saying my orders will be delayed for the 3rd time and that a 10 discount will be available!!!

TO MAKE MORE PURCHASES ???? DO THEY THINK WE WANT TO PART WIYH MORE MONEY FROM THIS INTERNET -ONLY COMPANY????? HAS ANY GOVT WATCH DOG SEEN THE NUMBER OF COMPLAINTS?????

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! WHEN WILL YOU, INFURN REPLY TO MY EMAIL ASKING FOR MY MONEY BACK????

WHICH COMPANY IN THE WORLD, WHETHER FROM SCRATCH OR NOT, DARES TO TAKE ALL THE MONEY IN FULL, IN MY CASE IN SEPTEMBER 2013 AND AND STILL NOT DELIVER TILL THE LATEST DELIVERY DATE OF 21ST APRIL 2014??????

WHY ARE THERE NO LAWS TO PROTECT US, THE CONSUMER FROM THESE AWFUL PEOPLE AND AWFUL PAID-FOR MOUTH PIECES IE. PR WOMEN LIKE THE ONE EMPLOYED BY INFURN TO FOB CUSTOMERS OFF???

If there is a government agency or watchdog reading this please can you advise how we can stop companies like this operating????

Edited by honeybee13

Hi onlytara

Welcome to CAG

Strictly speaking you should start your own thread. Anyway, how did you pay?

NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

I think they are complete [edit]s. They don't give you any money back but think the public are so stupid when they keep giving dicounts on further purcheases when the first purchase never arrives in the first place!!!!!

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT HOW MUCH MONEY THEY MAKE ON THE MILLIONS OF EUROS AND OTHER CURRENCY IN INTERST ALONE?????

They pay for this woman to scour the net and get angry and negative comments off the various sites on the web. They should spend OUR money in trying to be honest and say they cant deliver and try to do something to run an honest company and deliver our orders!!!!

I paid in full over £1400 in September!!!!! I get regular messages saying my orders will be delayed for the 3rd time and that a 10 discount will be available!!!

TO MAKE MORE PURCHASES ???? DO THEY THINK WE WANT TO PART WIYH MORE MONEY FROM THIS INTERNET -ONLY COMPANY????? HAS ANY GOVT WATCH DOG SEEN THE NUMBER OF COMPLAINTS?????

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! WHEN WILL YOU, INFURN REPLY TO MY EMAIL ASKING FOR MY MONEY BACK????

WHICH COMPANY IN THE WORLD, WHETHER FROM SCRATCH OR NOT, DARES TO TAKE ALL THE MONEY IN FULL, IN MY CASE IN SEPTEMBER 2013 AND AND STILL NOT DELIVER TILL THE LATEST DELIVERY DATE OF 21ST APRIL 2014??????

WHY ARE THERE NO LAWS TO PROTECT US, THE CONSUMER FROM THESE AWFUL PEOPLE AND AWFUL PAID-FOR MOUTH PIECES IE. PR WOMEN LIKE THE ONE EMPLOYED BY INFURN TO FOB CUSTOMERS OFF???

If there is a government agency or watchdog reading this please can you advise how we can stop companies like this operating????