BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Sorry about making  a post too early. I should read other consumers forum threads before.  I am doing it now, because they are a lot of similar ones;
    • It already is epidemic. perhaps he meant the next stage ... pandemic.   https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dsepd/ss1978/lesson1/section11.html   media existing to sell newspapers / advertising space / looking to get viewer numbers ... who’d have thought it.   The media has a responsibility to give decent advice : appropriate concern rather than generating panic.
    • Latest update:   He managed to get through to BC before they closed earlier this evening. Last payment of £175.00 was 03/02/2014. Issue date for the claim 30th Jan 2020   Is he skewered? No supporting paperwork?   CCA and CPR waiting to go.   What next?   Thanks   stephenXL
    • Hi,   I'm looking for advice regarding a court claim being made against me by Erudio regarding an old student loan. I've received a claim through the Scottish Simple Procedure process for almost £4000 regarding a loan taken out in 1999. The original loan would have been for approximately £1800 to my best recollection.   I can't say for certain at the moment (will need to call SLC to verify) when the last time I deferred was - it was a long time ago and I've no recollection of sending anything at all to Erudio at any point, nor was I aware that they required a deferment form as well. I had been paying off my other student loans taken out a few years after this one (04, 05 and 06) through my earnings to the SLC even though I was under the repayment threshold at the time, and I've only earned over the repayment threshold for just over the past 2 years. I was happy enough for paying them off in this manner so I had never felt the need to continue to defer with the SLC, and never really paid much attention to the statements sent by Erudio as I'd incorrectly assumed that they would be paid through this manner as well. At this point, I have recently received a letter from the SLC stating that my loan repayments are coming to an end very soon, but it would appear that this hasn't made any payments towards the loan that Erudio have taken over.   I've been reading through the topics posted over the past couple of weeks for and reading about others in similar situations to try and ascertain the best plan of action.   Particulars of claim: (copied directly from the claim, account numbers and monetary values redacted)   Name the issuing court: Edinburgh Sheriff Court   Who Is The Claimant: Erudio Student Loans   Who Are the Solicitors: Shoosmiths LLC   What type of action? (Simple/Ordinary): Simple   Section D1: The claimants are a finance company which inter alia operates the business of debt purchasing. By virtue of a debt purchase agreement ("the Agreement") between claimants and Student Loans Company ("the Original Owner") dated 22/11/13, the claimant acquired title to and was assigned the right to payment in respect of all debts and other monetary claims of any nature due at the date of agreement, and in particular in relation to the the contract hereinafter condescended upon. The said assignation was intimated to the defendant by way of written notice on or around 22/11/2013. The agreement between the respondent and the original owner upon which this action is based was regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Further information in relation to that agreement is contained in section D$, where we set out the sums due and the basis upon which they fell due. As at the date thereof, the sum due in terms if the said agreement amounts to £xxxx.xx.   Section D4: The said contract agreement between the Original Owner and the respondent is a regulated credit agreement in terms of section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. It is also regulated by the relevant Education (Student Loans) Acts and related regulations. It is dated 26/10/1999, and relates to a Student Loan Agreement with the account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The said agreement required the respondent, following completion of their course of study, and upon meeting certain conditions relating inter alia to their income , to make payment of the sums due by the way of consecutive monthly installments. The said installments were required to commence in the April following the respondent meeting certain income criteria and were to be based upon a percentage of the respondent's income over the said threshold amount. It was a term of said agreement that a failure to meet any installment on a due date would render the account in default and would entitle the claimant to serve a notice of default on the respondent requiring the respondent to remedy the breach within 14 days which failing the claimant would be entitled to demand repayment of the loan in full. On or around 22/04/2019 the respondent failed to make payment of the sum which had fallen due and the said account thereby entered into default. A default notice was issued to the Respndent on 22/04/19. The Respondent failed to remedy the default following upon service of the said notice and the account was terminated in accordance with that notice. The account remains in default. The sum due in thereunder is due and payable now. As at the date hereof, the sum due in the terms of said agreement amounts to £xxxx.xx. In terms of the Agreement, and the written notice hereinbefore condescendedupon, the right to receive payment of the sums due in terms of the said account vests in the Claimant.   Date of raised claim [or court stamp date from writ] :- 23rd Jan 2020   Last Date Of Service [or from form 07]:- 17/02/2020 - this was delivered before then.   Last Date For Response [or from form 07]:- 09/03/2020   What Documents are listed in Box E2:[or in your form requesting the same?] A copy of the credit agreement, statements of account and notice of assignation will be produced in any defended process to follow hereon.   Is the claim for ......an Overdraft, credit card, loan account, HP Agreement, Catalogue or mobile phone debt? :- Student Loan     BOX D5 what has the claimant stated: IN FULL or [Pleas in law from the writ] I want the court to order the respondent to pay me the sum of £xxxx.xx …..   from your knowledge: answer the following:   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? After 2007, started the course approx 1998, loan taken out 26/10/1999 as per the info they gave me   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.:- Debt purchaser (Erudio), Shoosmiths LLP   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not to my recollection although I was aware that Erudio had been sending statements regarding a student loan   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Possibly but not to my knowledge   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Possibly but not to my knowledge   When was you last payment:- Uncertain, will need to confirm with SLC if payments made towards this loan, no payments ever made to Erudio to the best of my recollection   Why did you cease payments:- Was paying off student loans through earnings, never realised that this one was being treated seperately   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Not to my knowledge, SLC had taken payment through my earnings even though I was below the threshold as I hadn't deferred but I was happy to proceed with this.   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No     From the previous advice given, I'll get the CCA request done and also the CPR 34.14. The amount claimed seems very high and I've got no breakdown of how they have come to this figure. I've also been reading through the threads about how to set out the defence - the PercyPercy thread is of particular interest as there are similarities between the two, as I never gave any paperwork sent to me due attention and have ended up in this situation as a result.   Thanks in advance, and I'll supply additional info as quickly as possible if required.    
    • Hi everyone    I received a ParkingEye claim form today that was issued on the 24/02/2020.   I'm not sure what info I need to upload on a parking charge claim form so I’ll upload the form and wait for instructions.    Any help much appreciated    Andrew      Claim Form.pdf
  • Our picks

Tina.eastwood

Success against device buyer aka cash 4 phones

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2268 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sent my samsung galaxy note 2 to device buyer who we subsequently found out to be cash 4 phones on Monday by special delivery, it was signed for yesterday.

After some digging around for the last few hours

we have found that device buyer have their post redirected via uk postbox.

We have spoken to the CEO of uk postbox who actually has my phone sat on his desk along with someone else's.

They have since suspended device buyers account and are in the process of sending my phone back to me.

C4p trading limited own

mobilephonerecycle.com,

cash4phones,

devicebuyer.co.uk and

mobilephonerecycling2day.co.uk.

Well thats good news,

both because your phone should be coming back,

and because if they run several trading companies

they might just stay afloat long enough for me to sue them!

DeviceBuyer.co.uk |

We have received 2 phones for them as they are using one of our addresses on their website.

Both phones are being returned to the owners (senders).

We are trying to contact the directors of the company, to stop them advertising 13 Freeland Park, BH16 6FH on their website.

All email and phone calls have been unsuccessful to-date.

We have also reported to Trading Standards.

If you are thinking about sending a phone to this company,

please DO NOT send to 13 Freeland Park, BH16 6FH as we have no connection with this company

and your phone will just be returned.

Allan Chester CEO, UK Postbox

I have just finished on the phone to the Ceo of UK Post Box and

I must say that despite the very bad taste I have in my mouth about www.devicebuyer.co.uk

my heart goes out to him over the impact this unjustified association to his company that has happened as a result of mis-information from Devicebuyer.

One message to Devicebuyer,

yes we are in a recession,

yes you have to find a way to pay for your expensive gated mews offices and

yes it is difficult to make money in the current economic environment,

but do not think that conning and [problem]ming members of the British public is a way to fund your lifestyle.

I for one am going to pursue this company and its owners who appear to be cheats and swindlers to my utmost ability.

*** Please Please Please, if you are trying to get the best deal for your old or unwanted phone,

do not try to sell it to www.devicebuyer.co.uk they will take your phone and you will not see any money for it.

I used the envelope they provided and posted my Galaxy Note 2 to them by Special Delivery, it was signed for by their office

but despite trying to contact them by their contact us page on their website

I am sat here typing this with no contact or reply from them and no money in my account

(on that note, if like me you requested a Bacs payment for your money,

the only thing they should be able to do with your account and sort code is to set up a direct debit,

you are covered against this under the direct debit guarantee scheme,

so keep an eye on your account and contact your bank if anything suspicious is happening).

I do have the address I sent it to and

my Royalmail tracking number

as well as contact details supplied to me by UK Postbox for the trading standards officer dealing with this issue.

I will be sure to update here with any progress/useful information that I have in relation to this.

Does anyone have a definitive (or at least known-good) list of trading names for C4P trading Ltd?

It would appear that currently all they need to do is come up with more names and more websites and carry on regardless

If you have been affected by devicebuyer.co.uk, please contact your local Trading Standards. We (UK Postbox Limited) have reported to and working closely with Trading Standards as we are not connected to this company or associated trading names in any way.

If you manage to contact your local Trading Standards, then tell them that the Trading Standards in Haringey, London are already taking an interest

Details for Devicebuyer.co.uk

Name & Registered Office:

C4P TRADING LIMITED

SUITE 21 5 SPRING STREET

PADDINGTON

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

W2 3AQ

Company No. 06300042

Physical address

Gateway Mews

15 Bounds Green,

London, N11 2UT,

United Kingdom

The chances are if you have sent them a phone using the supplied envelope, it was sent to Gateway Mews 15 Bounds Green, London, N11 2UT

This can be confirmed (if sent by Signed For service) by checking your tracking information on the Royal Mail track and trace - http://www.royalmail.com/track-trace

Hope that this information helps.

Allan Chester

UK Postbox

Message from Trading Standards

Dorset trading standards service has recently been receiving a number of enquiries relating to a business trading as 'Device Buyer' and 'Cash4Phones'.

Before contacting the service about these businesses please note the following information:

·On their website Device Buyer were instructing customers that wished to send their phones by special delivery to use a Dorset address.

The address given is that of a mail forwarding business and neither Device Buyer, Cash4Phones, or C4P Trading Ltd are based at this address.

This address is no longer authorised to be used by Device Buyer and I understand it has been removed from Device Buyer website.

·Any customers that have sent phones to the Dorset address may contact us for further advice on 01305 224702.

However any customers that have sent phones to the London address should call the

Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 08454 04 05 06 in the first instance.

Citizens Advice will then forward details of these enquiries to the relevant authority to action as they see fit.

Unfortunately Dorset trading standards will not be able to reply to consumers that have already enquired about Device Buyer unless they have sent their phone to the Dorset address.

UK Postbox is no longer involved in this story now. They have closed the devicebuyer account and there is nothing more they can do. No more phones are being directed through their service. They were unwitting victims of it all.

UK PostBox have been enormously helpful and it is down to their efforts that maybe this swindle is finally being brought to an end.

The CEO of UK Postbox has put a lot of effort into uncovering the mystery and contacting the authorities about it but it is now completely out of their hands.

I would not recommend anyone to contact them.

Your best port of call is to email - tradingstandards@haringey.gov.uk which is the trading standards office for the Cash4Phones area.

If you have been affected by devicebuyer.co.uk, please contact your local Trading Standards. We (UK Postbox Limited) have reported to and working closely with Trading Standards as we are not connected to this company or associated trading names in any way.

If you manage to contact your local Trading Standards, then tell them that the Trading Standards in Haringey, London are already taking an interest

Details for Devicebuyer.co.uk

Name & Registered Office:

C4P TRADING LIMITED

SUITE 21 5 SPRING STREET

PADDINGTON

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

W2 3AQ

Company No. 06300042

Physical address

Gateway Mews

15 Bounds Green,

London, N11 2UT,

United Kingdom

The chances are if you have sent them a phone using the supplied envelope, it was sent to Gateway Mews 15 Bounds Green, London, N11 2UT

This can be confirmed (if sent by Signed For service) by checking your tracking information on the Royal Mail track and trace - http://www.royalmail.com/track-trace

Hope that this information helps.

Allan Chester

UK Postbox

Hi Allan

I have sent my phone to the gateway mews address believing it to be cash4phones, I sent it by recorded delivery and know it was received on Monday 18th November. Is this one of the phones you have received? I apologise if I am taking up your time but I have been conned by cash4phones and am trying to find out what to do about it. I have come across your forum posts and am hoping my phone is one of the ones you are sending back. I apologise if I have misunderstood the information but would be extremely grateful for any information you can give me. Many Thanks

Hi Gemski

You will need to contact Trading Standards please read post#9

Allan has no connection to Cash4phones and were innocent victims in this and worked very closely with Trading Standard.

Please contact Trading Standards.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hiya is it possible u could help me get my phone back from this company? I used special delivery with royal mail and have heard nothing from they sent me out the freepost envelope. I have even informed trading standards and watchdog.

I to have been done by device buyer i sent my Samsung note 2 off to them for recycling I even got an email from them on the 20th November to say they had my phone and were checking it for faults and to give them 10 days to sort it out- is it worth starting any court procedures against these guys ? is anyone getting any responses from them if so does anyone have a number for them ?

Hi

Me to i sent mine on the 13th November, is it worth pursuing this or do we just have to forget about it as opening a case against this company will just end up costing me more money ?

Did you find anything out ?

Kind Regards

hayley

i posted my phones on the 6th novemver 2013 and i have had 1 email from you stating they have my phones and it will take 10 days to look at them, i have no had no reply since i have been e mailing and phone and nothing, i dont know what else todo, i was told to get hold of citizens avice and from there they would get hold of trading standards.

I will try and get you added to the action list bellbell

thank you.... i am so gutted....

Name Change from C4P to

YEMONIA LIMITED

SUITE 21 5 SPRING STREET

PADDINGTON

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

W2 3AQ

Company No. 06300042

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Will it make a difference i have filed a claim against cash4phones and not the limited company?

Yes they have changed their registered name that Cash4Phones were trading under C4P Trading Limited to YEMONIA LIMITED and moved from EC2 to W2 (although their C4P Trading Limited site shows this as the registered company name and not YEMONIA LIMITED as showing on webcheck on the companies house site http://www.cash4phones.co.uk/corporate/contact-us.aspx).

I have been waiting since 11th of October to be paid £132.40 and they are now ignoring my emails and no one picks up their phone. Had started Small Claims Proceeding but cannot enforce judgement as don't know where they are now and I also don't want to waste any more money unless I have too. So have put in a complaint to Watchdog about their new [problem] about not paying, Watchdog had ran the original 'excessive wear and tear' [problem] which I found yesterday http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/features/cash-4-phones.

I have also contacted ActionFraud and put in a case so have a crime reference number, I do hope that this action, if enough people do this, results in the owners being arrested and their business being closed down. As for re-claiming any money am not confidant any longer and has already cost me another £25 to put a claim in the small claims court, am told will cost even more if judgement has been approved and then I try to enforce...

Edited by Hampsa
Slight wording error