British Gas and UMS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, serious help needed please for a good friend. Here is the story:-

BG have passed an account of a deceased person to UMS, and UMS are now threatening Magistrates Court to break in and fit card meter.

I gave BG a reading when I moved in to the house, and have been paying my account on time.

All I know is that the deceased's estate was in probate for about 2 years

UMS are chasing a combined electric + gas dual fuel account, but they are chasing it in my name as I just happen to have the same surname as the deceased person!!

What am I to do? This is driving me mental.

I am disabled, with children, and the last thing I need is someone at my door.

Edited by gordies

It sounds like BG haven't followed the correct process following the death of the previous account holder. Did they close their account and set up a new one for you? If they have then they wouldn't be able to proceed with a Warrant - this action can only be taken against a live supply.

It sounds like BG haven't followed the correct process following the death of the previous account holder. Did they close their account and set up a new one for you? If they have then they wouldn't be able to proceed with a Warrant - this action can only be taken against a live supply.

Yes, my friend has a complete new account with totally different account numbers, but still with the same utility company.