Hi there, newbie needing help :/

B3ckys
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, all. I'm new here and today I have decided to take the bull by the horns and ask for the help that I need. Both myself and my husband have Vanquis credit cards. While I am managing mine, just, my husbands is ridiculous. The credit limit on the card is £2000 but we missed a payment, as we could not afford to pay and now the balance is £2750 and going up by £125.00 per month. My husband is a builder and at present only works a few days a month, probably a week max. I work part time, and this is the only debt that we are not managing to pay. Now Vanquis has passed the debt to Impact, and they are harassing us with texts and phone calls all day every day. We have made them an offer of £50 a month, but they are not willing to accept this, nor are they willing to stop the interest. Now I think it's pointless to pay the £50 a month when they are adding the £125 monthly also. I really don't know what to do anymore, it's really getting me down. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance, bec

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've moved your thread to the debt collection forum, where I think the guys will be able to help you. There's a short term redirect for you to follow from the Welcome forum to the new one. And here's a link in case you need it. :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?410194-Hi-there-newbie-needing-help

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Never make paynent offers over the phone, I would suggest that you speak to CAB or any other free advice centre who will compile a financial statement and make an offer in writing. VANQUIS WHO ARE PART OF PROVIDENT WILL FREEZE INTEREST AND CHARGES.

CHARGES ALREADY ADDED CAN ALSO BE DISPUTED

NEVER TALK TO COLLECTION AGENTS OVER THE PHONE, THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.

Hi there, and welcome to CAG! :-)

As you have just the one card which is causing problems I think it might be worth your calling stepchange who are very good at persuading card companies to stop charging interest and to accept reduced payments.

Their number is 0800 138 1111.

Most DCAs also stop the harassment when they know stepchange is involved. Even if you have to wait a couple of weeks to speak to a stepchange adviser just having a reference number, which you are given immediately, to quote to the DCA usually gets them to back off.

DD