homeless with Rossendales chasing OAP Parents for My old CTAX - Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am new to this and desperate for advice and don't know what to do...

I fell into trouble with my bills and rent a year ago,

ended up being evicted and

since then have lost my job,

not entitled to any benefits yet and

living at no fixed abode.

my parents have had hand posted letters dropped at their house for me

the last one a week ago but I only collected today from Rossendales bailiffsicon

stating I owe £650 for unpaid CTAX.

I am not disputing that I owe the money but obviously until I secure a job I have no way of paying them

nor do I own anything other than my clothes to levy against anything.

Where do I stand and

what do I say to this company that I am hearing bad things about?

My OAP parents are distressed that they will take their belongings and car when I don't even live there

and can proove this ob their council tax record etc..

. where do I stand,

do I contact the bailiff,

the company,

the council??

I want to try and nip in the bud before the bailiffs visit my parents again and cause them more distress

Your parents should get in touch with the revenues department of the council by e-mail and/or recorded deliver letter (send a copy of the e-mail/letter again by recorded delivery to the bailiff firm) informing them that there Bailiffs are attending their property looking for their son who does not live with them he has not lived there for x amount of years and has no goods at there address to levy against and as pensioners they are finding the situation distressing and fear that the bailiffs may remove there property for there sons debt

Good advice from Hallow, the bailiff has no right to touch any of your parents property, no matter what the bailiff may claim, might be worth crossing i's and dotting t's if they swear a Statutory Declaration stating the fact none of the goods & chattels in or on the property are yours. a copy to council, and one to Dossers, and one to show the bailiff if he thurns up at their door claiming a levy on any nearby car. If they ignore that they are in the soup deeper than a Slitheen (Dr Who monster) being boiled

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Firstly, is there a reason as to why the letters are being sent to your parents home?

Are you on the electoral roll?

Given that you were evicted you need to speak with the council to ascertain whether in fact the Liability Order is for the correct amount. Most Liability Orders will be for the remaining of the council tax year so if you fell into arrears in September ( as an example) the Liability Order will be for the remainder of the "tax year" ( to end of March)

In your case however, it should only be until of eviction.

Please post back after you have called the council.

Lastly, your parents should ensure that they do not let the bailiff into their home.