Jump to content

door step caller


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

there is a man keeps knocking on the door at all times of the day/night saying he has to speak to my wife



i keep saying she is not in and what does he want he will not tell me



now im getting notes through the door saying



" could you please contact 07837207242 as I have some important papers I must hand to you thankyou Mr ............ "



he will not say what is about



my wife does not speak on the phone or deal with people due illness and heavy medication



i told him this and he just wont go away or give me any idea what its about



i do think its debt as i did fall behind on a lot when i lost my job and did the bury my head in the sand

( burnt myself out trying to look after wife and daughter as well as parents }

and hoped it would all go away and now dont know who and what i owe money to



Edited by ukaviator
Name removed
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask him for his ID card. If he does not provide it, tell him to communicate everything in writing from his company's office address, no telephone numbers (especially mobiles).


Tell him that you are revoking the implied access across your land to your front door and any further attempts to make in-person contact will be considered trespassing and tantamount to harassment.


If he continues to harass you call the police.


Only deal with in writing, and only registered writing too. Hand-posted notes through the door are not traceable. You don't know if they are from him or someone else - so file those under "bin".

Smile, you never know who's watching...

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's calling like that, could it be someone trying to serve court documents? Perhaps tell the idiot you are Taking over your wifes affairs due to her illness. he then has to speak to you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ian, and Welcome to CAG! :-)


If he turns up again hand him this letter which should be signed by your wife as she is the one he is chasing.


Please be advised that under OFT rules you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.


There is only an implied licence under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission: the postman and people asking for directions, etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B.per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke licence under Common Law for you or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken including, but not limited to, police attendance.


As you have been given this notice should you or your representative then come to my property and cause any embarrassment which results in financial loss to me you will also be liable for damages.


If he calls after that I think you should call the police.


We can help you with your debts here if you wish.



Edited by Desperate Daniella
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought of Court papers too, but usually they are served by post.


I agree with renegadeimp above. Tell him you are handling your wife's affairs because of her illness and he will have to speak to you.


Not telling you who he is or who he represents is intimidating.


You could call the number, withholding your own of course, and see if you get an answerphone message which might identify him. Obviously if he answers you can just hang up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some court papers are delivered by hand, especially if there has been a CCJ issued previously and this could be the next step in the process. I would check to see if a CCJ has been issued, you can check here:




Before that ring the court to see if there is anything there just been issued.


Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Link to post
Share on other sites

MCOL papers are sent by post..


However, if the chap has a Statutory Demand, then they have to make attempts to serve these personally.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **


Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first


1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read





2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS


Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't do that.


Can you list them please.


If there is a Statutory Demand threatened this may explain the doorstep collector. If he is trying to deliver a Statutory Demand you will have 14 days to apply for a set aside, otherwise they may apply for bankruptcy.


We can help you to deal with your debts, or you could go to stepchange if you prefer, but you cannot ignore a Statutory Demand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ive just got my wifes experian report up and have got the following

J D WILLIAMS & CO ... Mail order Default £724 02/12/2012

OXENDALES Mail order Default £1,324 02/12/2012

LOWELL PORTFOLIO I... Mail order Default £1,343 25/08/2013

PROVIDENT FINANCIA... Home Credit Default £508 20/10/2013

LOWELL PORTFOLIO I... Mail order Default £1,941 02/06/2013

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about JD Williams, Oxendales or Provident, but it could well be Lowell's trying to deliver a Statutory Demand and even if you don't speak to him or let him see your wife I gather they can prove service with a photo showing them posting it through the door.


Do you own your own house? Lowells usually issue SD's to people where there is a property.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going by that report, and that guy, i'd agree with DD and guess it was a process server from lowell. It wouldnt surprise me if they combined both of those debts so they could unfairly claim more interest and costs. Even though those debts would already be 90% charges.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites

was thinking of a dro as i read about one online that way i can clear everything and not have to keep adding to the stress of can i pay or not I dont sleep for the worry of it all which is not good as i am a carer for my wife and autistic daughter and my parents need looking after everyday too

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...