Santander non compliant default notice

3rd Degree
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

New to the site so please bear with me while I find my way around.

Having some major issues with Santander cards & would appreciate some advice. My question is this:

Can someone advise me as to when a letter of intention to file a default is sent "along with" a formal default notice,

should the "actual default notice" still be fully compliant with the consumer credit act & contain all the prescribed terms?

Hi, 2009 I think ill have to check. Situation is this:

I was off work with a long term illness which Santander were completely aware of & they suspended collections for up to 9 months. At around the 6 month point I contacted them to let them know I was back to work but as i'm self employed was unsure how quickly work would pick up again & that I may be able to clear the arrears quite quickly or may have to consider a reduced payment arrangement. They agreed to give me 30 days breathing space to consider this.

I hadn't received any default notice & they didn't ask me during that call whether I had. All they said was that "if" I needed a reduced payment arrangement then that wouldn't be sufficient to prevent me from defaulting & that I would have to clear the arrears for that. They didn't advise me when I would default during that call or the following letter confirming the 30 days grace.

I phoned them within the 30 days to pay the arrears as my work had picked back up, they told me I had already defaulted but to pay the arrears & I could go back to my monthly payments, but I would have to put in a complaint about the unfair registering of the default, which I did.

Since then ive been through a long drawn out complaints procedure (waste of time). I have issued the CCA request, requested a copy of the original default notice I never received, sent a section 10 notice to the data protection team & yesterday a SAR.

I'm convinced a default notice was never sent although they say it was along with a letter of intention. If it was sent it was never received & I feel that all the stalling must be because it is non compliant.

Any thoughts?

Oh the balance is now £4100 as they took the full arrears payment in July. Also the account had already been passed to Fredricksons before I made the arrears payment as they couldn't find the account on screen. Received a letter from Fredricksons weeks afterwards saying they were "collecting on behalf of Santander" which showed my arrears payment to "fredricksons account". Checked my CRA files & one showed as settled no default, the other defaulted & satisfied.

Also I phoned them & informed them I couldn't make any further payments as my credit files suggested the account had been sold & that until I was given written confirmation of the full status of the account it would remain so. During that call I was passed to a different department & they actually changed my credit files from settled to showing a balance while I was on the phone. I have hard copies of my files showing these changes.

Santander verbally deny ever closing, terminating or selling the account or debt. They claim the "account" has now been re-called from Fredrickson International.

Am I right in thinking that if a "standard default notice" ; one that is computer generated allegedly under the act, which is not completed & manually adjusted with all the prescribed terms (being specified default date, specified amount, action which they intend to take, account number, date of notice, Creditor & debtors details, accompanying OFT sheet etc etc.... completely defective) is sent alongside a letter of intention to file a default (which is in no way covered by the consumer credit act) then the creditor has failed in its statutory duty to serve a lawful document under the act & that any perceived default applied is then also unlawful & that the creditor would be in breach of the original agreement in pursuing the full balance of said strictly regulated agreement?