• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

lloyds overdraft being chased by RED DCA

seklof
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Seklof

We need more info on this... IE

Amount, last payment made, etc.

Also i believe Red are part of the Lowell Group...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi

Red are Lowells (look at the bottom of the letter) If you get a letter from Hamptons Legal, they are also Lowells.

These types of debt are the same when it comes to the SB. 6 years (5 in Scotland)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

Some discussion as to exactly when this will become SB. My personal thought is that it will be from when they made a formal demand for repayment unless you have acknowledged it since

Does a default show on your credit file and if so what date?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

You can use the experian 30 day free trial, just ensure you cancel it well within the 30 days.

SB is from the date of last payment or written acknowledgment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

lovely stuff , you know i used to have an experian account but i have just tried to log in and it wont accept my details?

ill contact the helpline tomorrow , maybe they might help me get online

Bazooka you may want to check with the site team re SB date. It is certainly not from last payment or acknowledgement if the account was live at the time.

It is a subject much discussed at the moment and wrong opinion could be dangerous.

Seklof, can you remember when you last actually used the account and if you had any letters from the bank.

If you want more info on SB give National debt line a call

As for credit files you could get an instant report from Noddle if you have a debit card to prove identity, all done online

Equifax also have a free trial i believe

Wow, never been told my advice could be dangerous? I hope the OP doesn't die.

The time limit starts from the date of accrual, Unless otherwise stipulated, these time periods begin either on the date on which the breach of contract occurred, or the date the negligent act or omission occurred.

And until I hear different, I will stick by my advice, I have not heard read or been informed that they have changed the rules in their favour, if you know different then please post a link to it. :thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Less of the sarcasm please. If in doubt I suggest pming someone like sequenci or IMS

When I said dangerous I mean it could cause problems if someone acknowledged the account prior to SB and then reap the consequences.

As this is the OD when would the breach be, not necessarily from the last payment in. Probably from when the OD was recalled .

As for when limitations starts

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=25_liability_for_debts_and_the_limitation_act

There is further discussion as to if BMW V hart will alter things as in that case BMW had to accept the breach.

Looking at my agreements it is only on my loan accounts where they say they can demand full repayment on one missed payment. On credit cards it says various things such as after several breaches , we will give you 30 days to remedy any remedial breach

Even by your own definition of when the breach occurred that is not last payment if the account is live

I won't be PMing anyone, we're talking about the exact same thing, the limitation period is still six years, and the clock starts from the date of accrual/breach of contract/last payment/written acknowledgment.

That's fine but we are not talking about the exact same thing now are we.

On a live up to date account please explain how breach of contract=last payment =start of limitations. Obviously it depends on the contract as to when the breach occurs.

On an overdraft how on earth can last payment in=breach of contract=start of limitations

Nice thread here from 3 years ago http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?292595-accrual-of-a-cause-of-action Sequenci explains it quite well

I agree that is a debt is already defaulted and the contract breached and has been in a payment plan of any kind then limitations does indeed start from last payment or acknowledgement.

I am not trying to show anyone up so the attitude is not needed, just trying to make sure that people have the full picture before acting

as soon as i went over my overdraft facility (over overdrawn) i started to receive letters to which i have acknowledged none

It doesn't matter they will probably know when the OD was recalled.

The accrual of COA and commencement date for the SB will be on the first demand for full repayment of the OD, thereafter the clock would be reset by any payment or acknowledgement.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• 2 months later...

no

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did you check your credit file?

you cant CCA an OD sadly.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i have a few credit cards and also an overdraft so as you stated, i will not be able to get the cca for the od . i refer, if i may to the question, so as to be clear, that if i request a cca on a credit card it does not reset the clock and is not considered and acknowledgement.

many thanks for your help

finish line in sight

No it doesn't, if you want a belts & braces approach then head your CCA request ''I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOU OR YOUR CHOSEN THIRD PARTIES''