• Tweets

• urm the link in my post…..
    • Hi, where do I find the standard sticky please, I’ve looked but I think I am missing it 🙄
    • Hi Rei and thanks for the update.   Your post confirms what we're telling folk all the time - Harlands/CRS, Zinc and their pet "solicitors" continue to make demands but they fail to do anything substantial to back up their threats.   Hence our continuing advice to NOT respond to demands by letter, email or phone, because they'll do nothing that will affect your credit rating, or that will force you to pay.  
    • Hi GHL and welcome to CAG   You now have your own thread to use from here on ( to avoid hijacking someone else's thread where you first posted).   I assume there were 2 separate m/ships and not a joint m/ship, but please confirm.   I hope you've read other threads here which should help you understand how Harlands/CRS operate. They use every opportunity to make far more money from missed payments and penalty fees, than what they make from taking a percentage fee from ongoing monthly gym fees.   Yours was a rolling monthly m/ship so you only needed to give them notice to quit but there was no minimum 12 month term. Hence all you owe them is £19.99 each.   Write a letter to Harlands, each of you :- 1. Offering to pay the £19.99 for the notice period you failed to give 2. Offer valid for 14 days only. 3. Offer withdrawn if they fail to accept, or if they demand any higher amount.   Post a draft of your letter here first so we can check it.    Letter(s) should be sent from the PO and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO Counter.  
    • King I fully understand the mother was living there on her own and only one named on the tenancy agreement.   As for your comment that after informed of the passing in a few days they pack tenants belongings and store them and change the locks this I completely disagree with.   In my are the different HA (and there are many) in a scenario like this will:   Communicate with the executor/family member once informed of bereavement informing them of any succession rights, property to be handed back ( 28 days on being informed of above) if unable to must notify the HA to ask for an extension.   After the 28 days if no contact the HA will then follow its Abandonment Policy.   If contact made after 28 days and no extension has been granted HA will then go to court to claim property back.   Once this is done and no contact off to court to claim property back only then will the enter the property unless in an emergency or legally required i.e. gas safety inspection even then may need to go to court for that to get access.      
  • Our picks

nuclearshark

Toothfairy Account no longer showing with CRA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1945 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Email is as good as a letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Email is as good as a letter.
They haven't offered a settlement in email they just sent a text

While I can see their logic as there will be a fair few out there that owe significant sums I would not trust any DCA as far as i could chuck them unless they had proved otherwise.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Update - following complaint to FOS have received the following letter from DHR Capital :

"I am writing to respond to your complaint. As you will have seen from correspondence sent to your Freddy Khalastchi & Martin John Atkins of Harris Lipman were appointed joint administrators of Web Loans Processing on 28/11/13. Web Loans Processing were the owners of the loan you took out with Toothfairy Finance. Web Loans Processing (in administration) has assigned absolutely to DHR Capital Limited (Consumer Credit Licence No. 0653537), all its rights, title, interest and benefits in certain debts owed to Web Loans Processing Limited (in adminitsration). On 13th January 2014 you were sent correspondence explaining that DHR Capital had written off all charges and reduced interest on all loans such that the outstanding balance on loans would be no more than 2.5 times the amount borrowed. I apologise if you have not received our correspondence. I can confirm that you took out a £400 loan with Toothfairy Finance. We have reduced the amount you owe from £2700 to £1000 Taking into account payments made you now owe £846.14. Please get in touch with our collection agents DMR Connect on 02034764029 to discuss payment options. Depending on the speed with which you can repay the loan, we may be able to consider your loan settled for as little as £446.14.

Edited by xxlozxx

Theyre still pushing their luck and saying you owe them the unlawful charges

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Get that to the OFT, 2.5 x the original loan and interest is outrageous. The clue is the smallest amount mentioned in the last line, which is probably what you owe.

They really are taking the proverbial here.