• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Toothfairy Account no longer showing with CRA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Interesting. Thanks for that. This is news to me. I have always been lead to believe from various sources that a PDL can only be pursued for non payment for 1 Months interest + Capital. I have seen this quoted on this very forum a number of times. Am I to assume this advice is no longer valid now?! In which case I apologise.

The PDF you linked however does state the following as mandatory compliance:

Which is approximately 2 months. So in theory using this framework the interest owed would be £205.20 worked out as follows:

£48 Fornightly Interest Divded by 2 = £24 (Weekly Interest)

£24 x 52 (Number of weeks in a year) = £1248 Yearly Interest

£1248 Divided by 365 (Number of days in a year) = £3.42 (Rounded to the nearest penny)

£3.42 x 60 Days as per the guidelines in PDF above = £205.20 Interest

£205.20 + £400 Capital = £605.20 Total Repayable!

t

---

So in the case of xxlozxx the calculation would be as follows:

£400 Capital + £205.20 Interest = £605.20 - £160 Already Repaid = £445.20 Outstanding. That leaves the percentage repaid at 26% based on a 60 day loan which is still higher than 10% settlement and considerably higher than the purchased portfolio value of 7.5%

Thanks for that have written to them today for a balance as they still have not provided me with any figures. Thought it might have been same people as before as you cant reach them by email (again) and they dont divulge any address. I did ring the number out of interest today and it has the same creepy music tone before they answer the phone as Marshall Hoares. They answer as Blackwell who claim to be DCA for DHR and they gave me an address which is a PO Box in Rotherham. On calculation based on 7.5% they have bought my debt for around £215. I have written to them today asking for an uptodate balance but Im not holding my breath for a written reply so we will see.:|

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that have written to them today for a balance as they still have not provided me with any figures. Thought it might have been same people as before as you cant reach them by email (again) and they dont divulge any address. I did ring the number out of interest today and it has the same creepy music tone before they answer the phone as Marshall Hoares. They answer as Blackwell who claim to be DCA for DHR and they gave me an address which is a PO Box in Rotherham. On calculation based on 7.5% they have bought my debt for around £215. I have written to them today asking for an uptodate balance but Im not holding my breath for a written reply so we will see.:|

Is there any way to find out who owns them. If this person was telling the truth it doesn't matter that they paid 7.5pct or 100pct if they are the same people behind tooth fairy. Can we put a request to the oft to know that?

Still not had anything in writing but have started to receive texts from Blackwater at 10.35pm tonight saying " please contact us urgently to discuss the outstanding loan you took out with Toothfairy we are able to offer a number of options to close this file". Any advice would be welcome.

It is suggested that less than 10% of the total loan book will be reclaimable. To me that indicates either completely irresponsible lending and/or excessively high fees and charges. Of course another possibility is fraud , over quote the value of the book to raise more money.

The whole book has been sold for £25000 (credit today)

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

It is suggested that less than 10% of the total loan book will be reclaimable. To me that indicates either completely irresponsible lending and/or excessively high fees and charges. Of course another possibility is fraud , over quote the value of the book to raise more money.

The whole book has been sold for £25000 (credit today)

Unpossible! If webloans sells it for so little, it is obvious that it is the same person buying it as the one selling it! Just a few of us would have been able to buy it and cancel our loans because 25000 is probably less than 100 loans. Are we suposed to believe it? To me it is all confirmation of what the phone assistant was saying that per gullestrup family owned it and they were organising to move it.

It is not webloans that are selling it, it is the administrators who are legally bound to get the best price. Now unless you are suggesting that there is any corruption with the administrators .....

Is anyone still receiving contact from anyone claiming to be Northern Debt Recovery? I think I've been getting phone calls from them but haven't properly checked. Or is that impossible and have the company definitely gone now? I originally got out a 200 pound loan and it went upto a grand when I didn't pay it in time. I was on a DMP with them and then got it down to 400 odd pounds. Me and my partner then lost our jobs and have been able to pay any of our debts for a while, I haven't received any contact from them at all since then as far as I know.

It is not webloans that are selling it, it is the administrators who are legally bound to get the best price. Now unless you are suggesting that there is any corruption with the administrators .....

I don't think it's true. Probably the owners, Per Gullestrup or else depending which story we are suposed to believe, sold and then webloans got the administration. Check what is reported here, the administrators said the book was sold but it clearly looks like it happened before

Combine what wikipedia says about prepack bankruptcy in the uk and what david kirk is quoted saying here. It may be a crazy theory but we have a duty to investigate after what these people charged us. And if the theory is real, we need to make sure oft knows

Well for a start I would trust that site about as far as I could throw DX (no offence Dx). They see conspiracies everywhere although they are right..we are all out to get them.

Update - At the time Toothfairy went "bump" the last email from them stated that I now owed £2874 for an original loan of £400, despite making regular payments to them via Stepchange. I have today spoken with Blackwater (collection agents for DHR) who have emailed me stating that the loan had now been assigned to them. I asked for an up to date balance and they say that the outstanding debt is now £846???? However if I paid in full or set up a payment plan to clear within 6 months they could reduce this figure further.They gave me their bank details and yep they are the same as Toothfairy/Marshall Hoares. They also gave me my account reference no. which is also the same as the old Toothfairy reference. I asked if they could send a letter with all the details on so I could pass onto Stepchange but they said this is not normally their practice if Stepchange wanted to speak to their DMP Department they could. I have spoken to FOS today who are going write to DHR to find out what is going on and why the outstanding balance is so high. Incidentally Stepchange do not appear to have a problem paying Blackwater as they say they already deal with them.

If it is now dhr, tell blackwater that you want to see the documents proving that your loan has been transferred. You should also ask to speak to dhr directly to make sure that blackwater is legally mandated. Dhr is nowhere to be found! I bet you that once we know where they are, we'll have no problem linking them to wlp previous owners (being per gullestrup or anyone elae)

I've still haven't had any contact off anyone claiming to own my speed credit/web loans processing account, I had a repayment plan with them but I haven't paid anything since they went into administration, should I just be ignoring it till I get some thing in writing off who's bought them.? I've read about offering the 10% of the orginal debt , I've already paid 50% of the orginal loan back when they do get in contact what should I be saying

The plot thickens. I received 2 emails today from DHR, 1 of which asked me to log into the Toothfairy Website to pay my loan, I did log in but did not get very far, the 2nd email asked me to ring DHR which I did and the phone was answered as DHR. I questioned them about the emails and I was told to just ignore the Toothfairy one as I would still be receiving lots of these emails, in fact, I have received no emails from NDR, MHB or Toothfairy since last year. I asked if they were the same Company and I was told no. Anyway, the woman I spoke to was very polite I said I would set up a new repayment plan, original loan was 300.00, I have paid 263.00 so 486 left to pay, no discount was offered on this amount but she did say that they had taken all the charges and interest off that NDR had added on which was about 3000.00. SHe asked for my card details which I refused to give her and reluctantly after she kept me on hold for 15 minutes she gave me their bank details which are the same as Toothfairy. She did try and tell me that they did not hold by debit card details so I would be quite safe in paying that way, I should cocoa. I am very unsure if I want to make these payments as there is something not quite right. Any advice would be good please

The plot thickens. I received 2 emails today from DHR, 1 of which asked me to log into the Toothfairy Website to pay my loan, I did log in but did not get very far, the 2nd email asked me to ring DHR which I did and the phone was answered as DHR. I questioned them about the emails and I was told to just ignore the Toothfairy one as I would still be receiving lots of these emails, in fact, I have received no emails from NDR, MHB or Toothfairy since last year. I asked if they were the same Company and I was told no. Anyway, the woman I spoke to was very polite I said I would set up a new repayment plan, original loan was 300.00, I have paid 263.00 so 486 left to pay, no discount was offered on this amount but she did say that they had taken all the charges and interest off that NDR had added on which was about 3000.00. SHe asked for my card details which I refused to give her and reluctantly after she kept me on hold for 15 minutes she gave me their bank details which are the same as Toothfairy. She did try and tell me that they did not hold by debit card details so I would be quite safe in paying that way, I should cocoa. I am very unsure if I want to make these payments as there is something not quite right. Any advice would be good please

Whoopie Do, did you speak to dhr or blackwater? I have not received anything from them yet but I think they don't have my new contact details so not sure. What phone number did you use?

Whoopie Do, did you speak to dhr or blackwater? I have not received anything from them yet but I think they don't have my new contact details so not sure. What phone number did you use?
Hi EdmundD, they answered the phone as DMR, number was 0203 476 4029

Toothfairy site is up and running.

I have just received a text from DMR Connect stating that if I repay the amount I borrowed by end of February they will close the file. Options for payment were call them direct or visit Tooth Fairy web site. I decided to try the website and you can log in, it clearly shows the amount of charges they have deducted from when they went bust, the amount you have paid and the balance still owing. My balance shows 436 to pay but I only borrowed 300.00, I have already paid 263.00 so am I right in assuming that I only pay 27.00 to close the file?

Your page on the webiste also shows your bank card details which apparently they do not keep, just as well mine is showing a defunct card

You owe the following. Original amount loaned plus original contracted interest, minus any payments already made.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Update - spoke with FOS last week who are going to write to DHR Capital (originally Loads of Dosh). Had an email from Blackwater (collection agents for DHR Capital) yesterday who say they have now changed their name to DMR Connect. Had text today from DMR Connect saying they will close my toothfairy file if I pay the original amount borrowed (£400) by end February. Can do this by logging into toothfairy account and giving my bank details (not on your life!). Have logged in and says I owe £846? I do have bank account details for Blackwater but these are the same as the old Toothfairy bank details :|. They refuse to put anything in letter form will only text or email. I think I will wait to see if they respond to the FOS first.