2 x Provident accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening All

Just wondering if anybody can help me, there are 2 defaults on my credit report from Provident one of which relates to a catalog and one of which relates to a credit card.

I have been contacting Provident to try and gain details of the accounts as I believe that the defaults were registered long after the 6 months suggested on the ICO technical guidelines so these should be back dated to the date of the 3rd missed payment.

Unfortunately Provident just keep sending an automated letter back to me stating that they are looking into this, they finally got back to me with just an A4 sheet of paper with typed amounts next to a month number. It didn't even have an address, name, signature. It literally was just a blank piece of paper with months and amounts next to it which was the balance of the account and I have heard nothing else since.

I am trying to work on getting my credit report straight as I wish to apply for Mortgages starting next year but unfortunately Provident are proving to be playing difficult.

Can anyone help me as I really don't know what I should be doing next?

Thanks.

Can you fill us in more with details of the loans/cards/catalogue? a default will remain on your credit file for 6 years, then it drops off. I think you have got confused with what you have read this is why we need all the details that you can provide, last payment, as much as you can, did you receive the default notice? what was needed to rectify the default, thing like this give a fuller picture for us to advise better

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Can you fill us in more with details of the loans/cards/catalogue? a default will remain on your credit file for 6 years, then it drops off. I think you have got confused with what you have read this is why we need all the details that you can provide, last payment, as much as you can, did you receive the default notice? what was needed to rectify the default, thing like this give a fuller picture for us to advise better

MM

Thanks for your reply Mikey, although I have sorted this now and both defaults and all to do with these debts have been removed from my credit file as they were unable to supply me with the names of the original creditors along with dates of my payments etc...

This is good but keep an eye on your credit file they will sneak in another default, make sure you keep an up to date file on this, as you may need it later on, also if you can do screen shots or print off you file often.

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.