Currys misold insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In june 2011 i bought an apple laptop from currys

was asked instore if i would like to take out insurance,

i took the (anything that happens package)at ten pounds per month.

in september 2013 my laptop was stolen and it wasnt stolen from my home

.i rang currys who said the policy did not cover theft

!i was furious as i know that day that i was not told instore that the insurance didnt cover theft.

after knowing that my laptop has been stolen

they have still had the cheek to carry on taking money out of my bank account for the insurance!!

has anyone had this sort of problem??

and is there anyway i can take this further??

Were you told that it did cover theft?

Pretty much the only thing that this Whatever Happens policy covers is accidental damage,

and even then they seem to be rejecting more and more as "Damage not as described".

As for continuing to take the money,

unless you tell them to cancel the policy then they'll continue to do so.

Fortunately there's no minimum term so you can cancel it at any time with no outstanding to pay.

• 1 month later...

Did you read your Whatever Happens contract and Direct Debit mandate before signing?

It gives a complete list of what is and is not covered under the policy.

A signature is required to say you confirm you have read and understood the policy, and you are happy for Currys to take your money on a monthly basis.

If you didn't read the policy before, then this was a tough lesson for the future.

UKAnon is right. If you had read all the paperwork carefully you would have seen that "Whatever Happens" is a false promise with many exclusions.

Make sure that Currys learn "a tough lesson for the future" by telling all your friends, family and workmates about this shabby treatment. Every sale that you can divert to a more reputable retailer is a victory.

• 3 months later...

whatever happens is a joke. I am a former currys employee. The managers will force this sell on to the sales advisors and thus on to you. It is number one priority to get a WH on major products. Laptops are KEY as their profit margin is ridiculously low, this is why it is a rare instance you will ever get more than 10% discount - and even that is if they admit a fault. The common method of [causing problems] is offering you 3 months free insurance (thus putting you on a monthly plan which is always more expensive than 3 or 5 year plans) , they will discount your product by say £9 if the insurance is £3 a month. In reality, they have signed u up for a direct debit payment, and the idea is you will most likely forget to cancel it after 3 months !!!