style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We now have a system of reputations in place.

You can now give credit to users whose posts you find especially useful.

Click on the little scales icon in the top right of the post.

there are five levels

User Novitiate 0

User Informative 100

User Highly informative 250

User Authoritative 600

User Highly authoritative 1000

However, you have to build up reputaion giving power yourself by being a user for a certain number of days and having a certain number of posts.

The idea is to give an indication to newcomers as to whose posts they should pay particular attention to.

We'll see how the system goes and refine it as we learn more about it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you disabled your own reputation lol! Never mind, this is a really good idea - being able to rep good posts, that is!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Actually admin ones are disabled automaticaly - but I would have done it anyway!

Question - if you rep someone and add a comment, how do they get to view it - is it pm'd or something or can they read it elsewhere on the site - like in other vbulletin boards you can read your own in your user ACP?

Oh, ok I'll rewind that last question - just found it - it is in User CP under subscribed threads...

:rolleyes:

What's the limit of rep we can give out in 24 hours? I mean, sometimes I see loads of really good and helpful posts (especially on this forum!) that I might want to rep and forget to do it by the following day...

Register Date Factor

for every 40 number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Post Count Factor

For every 40number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Reputation Point Factor

For every 60 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Minimum Post Count 50

How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others?

Minimum Reputation Count 50

How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others?

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit 5

How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit.

Reputation User Spread 10

How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators are exempt from this limit.

I'm not a statistician so I can't work it out but I am trying to perceive a line of logic which does favour quite high quality posting. We'll see how it works over the next weeks and adjust as necessary.

I want it to be a useful forum tool for newcomers to depend on and not merely a competition for promotion goals.

Hopefully it will help to raise the whole quality of the forum information as newcomers will tend to get an idea of the more useful contributions and take notice of them and repeat them in their own posts

Oh, ok I'll rewind that last question - just found it - it is in User CP under subscribed threads...

:rolleyes:

I can't see it on my cp....!

Help, I wanna know what people think of me....! :)

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

It's okay - you've got the fourth best rep...

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I can't see it on my cp....!

Did you find it yet? It's right at the bottom underneath your subscribed threads...

But I'm nosey, and wanna see it properly!

• Confused 1

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

Did you find it yet? It's right at the bottom underneath your subscribed threads...

Noe, it aint there, honest guv'!

--

Click on Members List, and sort by 'Reputation' (descending)...unless you are winding us up!!!

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm wanting to know who has added to my rep, and for which posts....

--

Bovvered's screen grab shows when, what thread and any associated comments. As for who...now, why would you want to know that???

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

aaah, I see it now. Maybe I've only ever been given a "thumbs up" once.....?

cagrep.gif

--

Bovvered's screen grab shows when, what thread and any associated comments. As for who...now, why would you want to know that???

Not too bothered about who, just which posts, and how many.

--

Looks like this:

reps.gif

Bovvered - how did you get that image together so quickly - I just realised it's a mock up!

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Bovvered - how did you get that image together so quickly - I just realised it's a mock up!
Speed is my other name....

quick screenshot, into Photoshop, quick edit, quick upload to webspace, et voila!! Lol!!

Okay...like I was really bovvered anyway :rolleyes:

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Not that I am particularly concerned by the reputations function - but I do have a query!!!

If you give a posting a 'good information' comment, why do you then associate it with a negative reputation? I don't know who did it to me, and as I say, it doesn't matter, but it seems to defeat the point of reputations...

And no, I'm not sulking, although I can now understand why Monkey UK was keen to see the rep givers...:rolleyes:

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

No way!! Maybe someone had the wrong radio button checked when they repped you and didn't realise till it was too late? - and No, it wasn't me lol...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks