Advice needed on PCN Contravention 25

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Great forum!

I was parked in a loading bay on Atlantic Road (see jpegs attached) this afternoon (Sunday 17th Nov 2013 at around 15.30). I had parked there to go and collect a pre paid item from WH Smith on Brixton road, the item is an e-reader which i ordered on line for delivery to my local store, for which I have the digital receipt. When I returned to my vehicle 3-5 min later a CEO was placing a ticket on my car, when I explained to him that i was collecting an item from WH smith he said that I should appeal to council as he was unable to remove the ticket as they would think I had bribed him. The loading bay in question is a general one i.e. not designated for goods vehicles only.

I am about to appeal the PCN online with the below note, but wanted to get your advice before I hit send. I haven't mentioned that I was collecting an e-reader as I am concered that the fact that it isn't exactly bulky will go against me.

Many thanks,

Ed

"Dear Sir/Madam

I was briefly parked in a "loading only" loading bay on Atlantic Road on Sunday 17th November 2013 whilst I went to collect a pre paid item from WH Smith, Brixton Road. When I returned to my vehicle 3-5 min later Civil Enforcement Officer LH1453 was placing the ticket in question on my vehicle. I was not over the allotted 30min waiting time allowed, and was a quick as I possibly could be but was at the mercy of the member of staff who had to go to the back office to try and find my item. The member of staff I was served by was named xxxxxx the store number is 02072745813.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,"

Unlikely. Also the CEO might well have recorded what he saw you carrying.

The only advice I can give is not to say you were "parked" there, but say you "stopped" there. The first thing they will think otherwise is that you "parked in a loading bay" which is not allowed.

I also wouldn't mention that you weren't over the 30 minutes - it is irrelevant, and they know it anyway.

If it were me, I would imply that I was collecting a package and did not know how large or bulky it was going to be.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just received the attached letter from Lambeth Parking Services.

The fact that they are stating that I was shopping, when at know point have I mentioned that I was (see above), makes me think that they haven't even read my statement of events.

What do you think? Is the game up? Or is it worth taking it further along the appeal process?

Cheers