Who can use the Protection Of Freedom Act? **Discontinued**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, I do have better things to do but I quite enjoyed seeing what they were coming up with just to fire them back down. I couldn't have done it with out you lot though

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Morning all,

Just had some good news regarding Whitehaven Harbour Commissioners. A friend of mine was going through the same rigmarole as we are and he had his court date coming up next week (we've just recieved ours for February next year).

He opens his post this morning and received an early Christmas present from Celia at Whitehaven Harbour Commissioners :-)

http://goo.gl/7xShnL

Why would they do this if they had the rights to claim all the money?? Oh yeah because they know its a con and are now backing down to the people who stand their ground!

EDIT

I have the Byelaws!!!

http://goo.gl/0oPSMj

For some reason I thought this was going to a bit more up to date. The following is the response I recieved via email:

As per your request, please find attached our byelaws currently held by the Secretary of State for Transport.

We are currently re-drafting our byelaws and will be seeking stakeholders' comments during 2014.

Yours sincerely

Whitehaven Harbour Commissioners

Good work. Not many motor cars around at the time those byelaws were made.

I huge whoopsie by WHC.

And when (or should that be if) they include parking in the new byelaws they will exclude PoFA as it will not be relevant land. Will the PPC be pleased ? Will it dare to issue court papers at all (based on PoFA). A PoFA claim against the RK would be a false claim when it is not "relevant land".

I feel there are more whoopsies to come. This could be a gift that keeps on giving for some time yet.

Yep a defence was put in. I gave the missus the good news when she got back off her placement and she was chuffed to bits. I then said we were going to go for costs against WHC as a lot of time and effort had gone into all of this. She said not to do it. She just wanted it over and done with. The thing is it never cost her a penny but why should they get away with causing distress to my partner. The time I've taken to research and write to them. To defend the claim. To take pictures in their car parks. Postage costs.

I have a friend willing to sort a letter out for a claim so I shall be back once we have sorted that.

Edited by sploits

The Commissioners must be elected or appointed somehow, find out how and when they are elected and get someone on board. Many of these institutions, created for a now arcane purpose have huge sums of money swilling about and little to justify it so the people who are trusted to manage thier affairs are on to a nice little earner with little or no accountability or risk of close inspection. Many charities are in the same position.

Apply for costs, the court will tell you over the telephone how to go about it and whilst you are at it the follow up with the local paper can now be more detailed about how the claims were utterly preposterous and doomed from the outset, pointing out the byelaws and the lack of authority for Celia to act the way she did. A letter to the Commissioners themselves on the same point and a complaint about using the court process to harass and coerce you into paying a claim that didnt have any basis wouldnt go amiss. They wont publicly admit wrongdoing but she wont have advanced her career one bit so they will be stuck with her.

Brilliant advice ericsbrother. I am going to speak to the other 2 lads who had the claims cancelled and we will all go to the Whitehaven News and give our story. I'll post a link once it goes live :-D