Total Parking Solutions, now a dca no popla info received/

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 19 June I parked at The Friary Retail Park, Stafford and went shopping in T K Maxx.

When I returned to my vehicle I found a charge notice from Total Parking Solutions for £90 ( reduced to £50 if paid within 14 days).

It stated that I overstayed the maximum time of 2 hours by 15 minutes.

I had not realised that I had spent over 2 hours in the shop and would probably have been back in time if I hadn't had to queue for ages to pay for my purchases.

Following the general advice I ignored the ticket and waited for The letter to Keeper.

This arrived on 23 July and I wrote to them using a template letter as guidance and asking them to clarify certain points and answer my questions.

On 1 August I received a letter from TPS thanking me for correspondence but stating that the 28 day appeal period stated on the original ticket had now expired

and they could no longer consider my challenge so the amount of £90 was now due. They did not enclose a POPLA appeal form.

A further Charge Notice arrived on 16 September headed Final Reminder- Legal Action Pending. The charge was now £110.

Today I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd.

A demand for payment of an unpaid parking charge of £149 due to Total Parking Solutions Ltd.

This must be paid by 26 November 2013 or they will recommend to the creditor's solicitor that court action should be taken to recover what I owe.

Please advise me of the best course of action. Many thanks.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I suspect you don't have too much to worry about. But I'll move your thread to the private parking charges forum and leave you a short term redirect to follow from here to the new forum.

The guys will know what to do. :)

My best HB

. Thanks honeybee13

you've done all you need too.

you could reply referring to popla if you wanted

but its their mistake me thinks

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A further Charge Notice arrived on 16 September headed Final Reminder- Legal Action Pending. The charge was now £110.

Today I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd.

Hi,

So they send you a letter stating 'legal action pending' then send it on to a pet DCA who have no power whatsoever as this is not a debt and DRP should be reminded of this in a strongly worded letter.

Once DRP are told that you will not be paying this speculative invoice and that any further correspondence they send will result in a formal complaint to the relevant regulator as well as themselves.

Personally, I would also inform them that as they are taking up my time, I would invoice them for the time, postage and stationery costs involved in this matter.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

dont waste a stamp, DR+ merely send out 3 threatening letters and then you will hear nothing further from them Why? because they have no power or authority to do more than just that.

I hope that is the case! I would like to put this behind me. At the moment I have visions of being taken to court.

On 1 August I received a letter from TPS thanking me for correspondence but stating that the 28 day appeal period stated on the original ticket had now expired

and they could no longer consider my challenge so the amount of £90 was now due. They did not enclose a POPLA appeal.

The 28 day appeal period for the original ticket is for the driver. They have now used POFA 2012 to obtain reg keeper details which means that you as reg keeper have a right to appeal and use of POPLA.

and they could no longer consider my challenge so the amount of £90 was now due. They did not enclose a POPLA appeal.

The 28 day appeal period for the original ticket is for the driver. They have now used POFA 2012 to obtain reg keeper details which means that you as reg keeper have a right to appeal and use of POPLA.

Thanks, how will I obtain the POPLA form?

Thanks, how will I obtain the POPLA form?

You cant they have to give a POPLA reference when they refuse an appeal to them. On the first NTK did it give an option to name the driver or was it simply a request for payment?

They do not need to use POFA or POPLA but that means they can only make a claim against the driver.

DRP are just a debt collector who can do nothing but send letters!

They are wrong about their timings so to be honest they can say what they want but it wont get them anywhere.

As said, DR+ can do nothing and they are usually used when parking companies have nowhere else to go. TPS could try court but as they have made statements that are untrue and failed to follow procedure they wont get anywhere so I would reckon that they wouldnt be daft enough to try. If you do get more letters from TPS come back here and you will get help an what to do next.

I hope that is the case! I would like to put this behind me. At the moment I have visions of being taken to court.

This will not go to court.

If they are not using POFA then they do not know who the driver is.

If they think they are, then they have not allowed the reg keeper access to POPLA...

There is a foi request about how many ppcs issued court claims which I can't find at the moment, but I don't think you have anything to worry about...

This will not go to court.

If they are not using POFA then they do not know who the driver is.

If they think they are, then they have not allowed the reg keeper access to POPLA...

There is a foi request about how many ppcs issued court claims which I can't find at the moment, but I don't think you have anything to worry about...

Thanks Ericsbrother and Armadillo71. They do not know who the driver is because I have never told them. I will let you know if I receive any more letters.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4806028

• 2 weeks later...

Today I received a second letter from Debt Recovery Plus headed ' Notice of intended court action'. I have been invited to pay the £149 unpaid parking charge by December 10 in order to prevent my case being passed to the creditor's solicitor to commence court proceedings. They have suggested that I look at their website to see a selection of court judgments that their clients have obtained against people who have not paid.

I suppose I just continue to ignore them unless I receive actual court papers.

Well I can't see any cases on their website.

Matters not as TPS don't do court. That is the job of the landowner (unless TPS have it in writing they can sue on the landowners behalf)

So yes, continue to ignore

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Well I can't see any cases on their website.

Matters not as TPS don't do court. That is the job of the landowner (unless TPS have it in writing they can sue on the landowners behalf)

So yes, continue to ignore

Thanks, silverfox.

DRP have a long list of court cases but it doesnt say who the clients were nor what the claims were about. It isnt a list of anythuing they have done, they like to do this as it helps them sell their services and coerces the punters into paying up. Their office is a portakabin in a pub car park acvcording to ther address.

Today I received a second letter from Debt Recovery Plus headed ' Notice of intended court action'. I have been invited to pay the £149 unpaid parking charge by December 10 in order to prevent my case being passed to the creditor's solicitor to commence court proceedings. They have suggested that I look at their website to see a selection of court judgments that their clients have obtained against people who have not paid.

I suppose I just continue to ignore them unless I receive actual court papers.

just remember if you pay by dec 10th they will have enough money to go and get their little joey that new games console he wants for xmas!!!! if you don't pay they might have to keep trying til next xmas poor things hah! hah! hah! .chin up.

have a great Christmas,they might even send you a xmas card,this will be the second Christmas they been sending me love letters, I begin to miss them if they don,t.

• 3 weeks later...

I have now received an offer of a reduced fine of £119.20 if I pay by 25 December 2013 ( yes, Christmas Day! ). I will continue to ignore them and hope this will be their final letter .

Edited by Lisair

If they were so sure of their case, why offer a discount? Muppets

You could try ringing them on Christmas Day then complain that no-one was there to take your call :-D

If they were so sure of their case, why offer a discount? Muppets

You could try ringing them on Christmas Day then complain that no-one was there to take your call :-D

According to them " In order to comply with all aspects of ' pre-action protocol' and to demonstrate to the courts their attempts to settle this matter before the need for court proceedings".