Jump to content

Min,wage,self,employed,ho using,benefit,DLA


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


A friend seems to have a problem, she is self employed, single parent, works 25 hours per week, £100 per week income (if she's lucky) one child on DLA, receives CA, council is saying she can only work 9 hours per week to receive the full (91%) council tax benefit, yet working tax credits say minimum hours need to be 16 hours. Does all this sound right? What can she do?

Link to post
Share on other sites

each council has their own scheme for CT reductions, so cant tell if it is right, however sounds perfectly normal that her CT reduction would be means tested as you say

Edited by id6052

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear she is stuck then, this new UC is saying she has to be based on min wage, yet to stay under the £100 per week she is allowed to earn, she can only work 15 hours, yet to claim working tax credits, you have to work 16 hours.

Sounds like she is stuck between a rock & a hard place then?

She's also appealing another childs DLA being stopped apparently, but that's a seperate issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...