Santander default notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have received a default notice from Santander for a vehicle HP agreement. They say I owe just over £850.which is a little more than I thought I owed, I thought I owed just under 3 months (which is still a lot) so they have also added some charges to the account that are within the default notice.

I am a student and agreed a date to repay my arrears with them at the end of the Summer break when I should have accumulated some money. ( I did some self employed work this summer and I should have been paid by another company for the work I did but they still have not sent payment - I may have to take these to court)

So as I have not been paid then I have not been able to settle the arrears with Santander.

The Hp agreement is almost finished. I have had it about 4 and half years.

The default notice states that...

Total amount payable = £16,828

I have paid to date = £15,243.25

Amount outstanding = £1684.75

They say the arrears are £851.45 and I must pay this by 27/11/13

I don't know how true the above figures are and I suspect the £851.45 to contain some charges.

Please advise on the best way to proceed here. I don't have £850 (well £850 minus whatever charges they have added as they are not getting them from me) to give them until I am paid for the work I did in the summer :(

I have been expecting the default notice to come but its still a shock when it does and I feel sick with worry that I have paid £15k and I could soon be without a car :(

• 4 weeks later...

They defaulted me and have terminated the agreement. They said in a letter that unless I return the vehicle they will seek to get the car back through legal action. then the latest letter they sent me was a notice that my account will be passed to external debt collectors. This has confused me a little as I was expecting legal action????????

I have asked for a statement and there is £125 in charges on the balance. Since my last post I have paid £150 off the arrears and will be able to do another couple of hundred next week. I am thinking of clearing a big chunk of the balance in January hopefully if finances allow. Hopefully Santander will have patience as I could do without the stress of going to court even though I am confident they will not make me return the car due to me having paid £15k already (they have all the money I borrowed back so I just owe them some of the interest)

Does anyone know who code red services are? :???:

When I tried to make a debit card payment online it would not let me do it and told me to contact them. I just made the payment by bank transfer instead but then I googled code red services and I could not find anything suitable that this company could be relating to this?? :?:

Edited by avocados
spelling!!

• 4 weeks later...

is this the one you raised the charges claim on?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...