• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lowell Portfolio chasing old HFC debt - Statue Barrred?

Wonderwall1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah I see, I thought Lowells could apply to enforce it. The CCJ was granted Mid-April 2008, so you think 3 months isn't enough time for them to substitute?

Bet they send me a bloody SD instead!!!!

I though it was Feb. Wait until after 6 years has gone by since the CCJ, before you check your credit record.

The point is that if Lowells did try something, you could rightly point out that HFC still have the enforcement rights for the debt under CCJ reference xxxxxxxxxx.

Therefore as far as you are concerned,

Lowells cannot currently enforce the debt.

Edited by honeybee13
Name change

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I though it was Feb. Wait until after 6 years has gone by since the CCJ, before you check your credit record.

The point is that if Lowells did try something, you could rightly point out that HFC still have the enforcement rights for the debt under CCJ reference xxxxxxxxxx. Therefore as far as you are concerned, Lowells cannot currently enforce the debt.

OK, thanks, will keep you posted on their next letter - Thank you.

I have received a Notice of Transfer - what does this mean?

Your case has been transferred to the local court for hearing.

If you as the defendant are an individual, this will be your local court.

If you are a business, then this will be the Claimant or Claimant solicitor's local court.

If you need more information regarding the hearing then please contact the court the case has been transferred to.

If judgment has already been entered against you,

then the case may have been transferred to enforce the judgment.

- Ahh, this is quite worrying.

It seems that if my CCJ has been transferred to my local county court, then its for a hearing to enforce.

Although Northampton Court told me today that it was transferred at the same time as the judgement ( 04/08 ).

Should I contact my local county court tomorrow for more info, or is that playing with fire???

When was this notice of transfer received ? Have lowells made a recent application at your nearest court ? Is there a hearing date ? If so, can you check with the court to find out what the hearing is about.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Transferred for enforcement to your local court = creditor applies for warrant of execution, instructs bailiffs, applies for attachment of earnings etc, if judgement has been made.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

When was this notice of transfer received ? Have lowells made a recent application at your nearest court ? Is there a hearing date ? If so, can you check with the court to find out what the hearing is about.

My father has not received any mail for me from my local county court.

When I rang NCC today, the first person said that it has been transferred to my local county court, and gave me the number.

I wanted to ring, but didn't want to open a can of worms.

I rang back to NCC and spoke with second person and I asked WHEN it was transferred to my local court

and was advised "at the same time the CCJ was granted",

so I assumed it was standard practice.

But obviously when I read the above I wondered if the second person made an error and it HAS only just been transferred.

I want to ring my local court, but obviously don't want to put my foot in it somehow,

e.g my address is unknown, so technically I know NOTHING about all of this, other than my dad forwarding me letters.

You cannot evade this you must contact your local court, it appears they already know where you are as the case has been transferred.

You will be traced at some point.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi

I would think Northampton have just sent you a letter out confirming a change of court due to your call

If there was a hearing you will be notified so I would sit tight if you can

Thanks for the reply - They told me it was transferred to my local court as soon as I gave them the reference number and before I could even give them any information, so I doubt they transferred it DUE to my call. They don't have my current address.

My father has not received any mail for me from my local county court. When I rang NCC today, the first person said that it has been transferred to my local county court, and gave me the number. I wanted to ring, but didn't want to open a can of worms. I rang back to NCC and spoke with second person and I asked WHEN it was transferred to my local court and was advised "at the same time the CCJ was granted", so I assumed it was standard practice. But obviously when I read the above I wondered if the second person made an error and it HAS only just been transferred.

I want to ring my local court, but obviously don't want to put my foot in it somehow, e.g my address is unknown, so technically I know NOTHING about all of this, other than my dad forwarding me letters.

Sounds like an old transfer. If there was to be a hearing, then the court would have sent something to your fathers address to advise you.

I suspect that HFC requested the hearing at your local court years ago or you did but you do not remember this. Hence why the transfer is at the same time the original CCJ was considered.

Edited by honeybee13
Name change

Sounds like an old transfer. If there was to be a hearing, then the court would have sent something to your fathers address to advise you.

I suspect that HFC requested the hearing at your local court years ago or you did but you do not remember this. Hence why the transfer is at the same time the original CCJ was considered.

That's the thing, the CCJ was registered at my old marital home, not my fathers. If there is to be a hearing, I would never know about it unless I rang my local county court.

I would never of seen the CCJ forms as I left the old marital home 3 months before CCJ granted and I could not imagine HFC requesting a hearing the same month the CCJ was registered?. If this is something to do with Lowells, would Lowells advise the court that my dads address is a "possible" to send any court papers too?

They would still have to notify you of a hearing I think and that would go to your dads address , unless you have a previous address when the original judgement was obtained

Judgement obtained at a previous address, nothing registered to my dads whatsoever.

They would still have to notify you of a hearing I think and that would go to your dads address , unless you have a previous address when the original judgement was obtained

Lowells are succeeding in stressing me out tonight.

Lowells are succeeding in stressing me out tonight.

No you are stressing yourself out. If Lowells were actually doing anything with the debt, why is this is not mentioned in the letters received recently at your fathers address. I doubt that Lowells even know about any CCJ, as if they did, they would have applied to be substituted ages ago.

I really don't think Lowells have any court hearing at your local court, but if you want to be reasurred about this, then phone the court. I doubt they have anything listed.

Edited by honeybee13
Name change

No you are stressing yourself out.

If Lowells were actually doing anything with the debt,

why is this is not mentioned in the letters received recently at your fathers address.

I doubt that Lowells even know about any CCJ,

as if they did, they would have applied to be substituted ages ago.

I really don't think Lowells have any court hearing at your local court,

but if you want to be reasurred about this,

then phone the court.

I doubt they have anything listed.

True,

I suppose they would of told the court in the application that my address was (dads).

And again I am sure they would of mentioned the CCJ from the start

(though I am surprised they haven't checked the registry).

At the end of the day its been 2 months since the 1st letter from Lowells

and they haven't mentioned the CCJ,

neither have I had anything from the courts to my dads,

also I am registered at my current address with HMRC Revenue,

so I am sure the court could access that data for letter purposes.

Thanks unclebulgaria, again ill keep you posted

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Hope I am not tempting fate here ,

but just an update to let you all know that since my last post I have not heard from Lowells at all.

The CCJ for the debt is 6 years old on 16/4/14, so I am looking forward to that date!!

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

Will be posting again soon regarding assistance on my situation in general,

howver just incase any one is searching for an update on this,

I can confirm I have received nothing further from Lowells.

Regards

Hi All,

Hope I am not tempting fate here , but just an update to let you all know that since my last post I have not heard from Lowells at all. The CCJ for the debt is 6 years old on 16/4/14, so I am looking forward to that date!!

Edited by honeybee13
Name change.