• Tweets

• Good luck to you and the family, London. I hope you've had some good advice from the local public health people.
    • Hi everyone, hope all ok here.    I have just received a letter from a debt collection agency asking me to pay a debt owed to British gas.    Upon checking my credit scores, i can see this debt shows up as settled and closed in 2016. Started in Dec 2015 and closed in July 2016 with £0 balance.    I have no recollection of owing anything to British Gas. It's a very small amount (around £40) but it has been bugging me.    Any idea if i should be paying this company?    Thanks for all your helps in advance. 
    • The company is called Ideal Window Solutions Below is a response from the manager to a request to cancel, them having cancelled the fitting on at least four occasions. In June it was arranged they would start at the beginning of August and each date they promised they have cancelled. .  I have been informed by the office that you said you want to now cancel after telling me that you will see it through till October. If you do cancel, as I mentioned to you, there will be financial penalties due to the fact that you have signed an official, legally bounding contract to supply and fit new windows. I mentioned to you that the glass has already been delivered and all other costs associated to putting your contract in place. If you cancel we will be looking to recover this from you. I don’t want this this to happen over a couple of days, which is out of our control. Can you please reconsider and get back to me.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2533 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, today I had a letter from minicredit.co.uk about a loan that I knew nothing about I don't know what else I can do I have talked to my bank and they are sending the money, they apparently sent to me says in this letter they tried to call / text / email me but this is the first time Ive heard from them why would they start a loan without getting confirmation from the person who is meant to be setting it up!

what can I do ?

Can you give us more information. What you said doesnt make sense. You talked to your bank who are sending money they apparently sent to you?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

sorry ill try to be more clear I got this letter today, ive talked to my bank this afternoon they told me they will send the payment back to minicredit tonight, but what I don't get is why did this happen I have not signed up for any loans at all I have no reason too

Ahh gotcha. Well, the first thing to do is head to your bank first thing tomorrow and put it in writing that you want ALL transactions blocked to minicredit and their sub companies. This ensures they cant try and take money they arent allowed to take ( they will try).

Then onc eyou are 100% sure your bank account is secure, get a full and formal complaint to minicredit and send it by recorded delivery, and make sure you track receipt. If you need help with that complaint tomorrow, just post back and we'll get you a good one sorted.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Ive talked to my bank with "lost" card which they said to do that way they cant take any payments from me, this isn't fair I had no idea about this someone else did this in my name with my details it was £80.50 which is going back from my bank but in Total they wanted £268.10...Which is Fair enough not as much as others who ive read on here but its frustrating as I did not know about this and im not working at this current time

No. Your bank is COMPLETELY wrong.

You need to put the following in writing:

Account Number: xxxx

Sort Code: XXXX

Dear

With effect upon receipt of this letter, you are instructed to cancel and refuse any and all transactions relating to Minicredit and any mechants they may use. This cancellation also applies to any CPA's ( Continuous Payment Authorities) that are active on my account)

Under Para 55 Payment regulations 2009, you are obliged to comply.

Get it signed, dated and stamped by the bank manager, and ensure you get a copy ( let them keep the original). Once you have done this, should the bank allow ANY money to them, you are entitled to full redress immediately, or the bank could face heavy penalties from the FCA.

This is one of two ways to ensure your account is secure. The other is to simply get a new bank account and cease using your current one.

Cancelling or reporting your card lost, will only stop them using that card number. Nothing else.

Your bank isnt halifax or santander is it?

No im with NatWest, I don't want to pay this loan looks like I may have to but I did not agree to this I don't even know how this happened is there anyway to get this written off I have no reason to have a loan in the first place

Please stop worrying and read what i have advised. Your replies are beginning to sound very strange.

Please stop worrying and read what i have advised. Your replies are beginning to sound very strange.

Sorry..well my bank told me they are paying back the £80.50 from my account at midnight tonight. if that clears off this crazy interest/charges fine then move on just don't get how this loan was done without even talking to me or contacting me first

Carl

You must put in a formal complaint. Put this words in big red letters. You need to past it my royal mail signed for. In it you need to ask them for details they hold such as phone number,email address, IP address of the computer which applied for the loan.

If after 8 weeks it is not resolved go to the fos as i suspect that they will try to put a default on your credit file.

As well as post you can always email it but that would of course give them your email address. Not a good idea

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

So if the IP which the loan was taken out on doesn't match mine I can get the charges removed? they only time I found out about this was this rather shocking letter

So if the IP which the loan was taken out on doesn't match mine I can get the charges removed? they only time I found out about this was this rather shocking letter

Not necessarily as you could have used someone else's computer. But if the email address is wrong and maybe DOB etc it is all evidence of at best incompetence and at worst something criminal. When was the money paid into your account?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Thing is they are saying I have a account with them, which is wrong cos I don't unless someone made one in my name what don't understand is it says in this letter they tried calling/texting/emails and sending letters to talk to me this if the first time ive heard from them I don't see how they can get £80.50 to £268.10 almost £200 in charges

Im gonna bow out of this because i have concerns.

Why not just tell us the truth and you defaulted on the loan and now minimuppets are harassing you and adding on charges?

I say that because from the info ypu jave given us, thats whats happened.

Do not ring them, others have advised you what you need to do please follow the advise given.

Take the letter that was posted further up by renegadimp to your bank asap to stop the pdl from attempting to collect any payment.

Email ( use a different address like a throw away one) or write to the pdl and ask for

1. Date taken out

2. Full name of who

3. Date of birth of who took it out

You could send a sar which will cost 10.00 so you can get all info that they hold for you and request copies of all letters,emails,telephone log calls etc

Ive never had any dealings with this company before any other pdl so im positive that someone else has done this in my name

on this letter at the bottom it says " legal action can be taken against you if you don't make payment infull within 10 days and your account details will be referred to credit reference agencies such action will adversely affect your credit score and your ability to receive credit in the future "

Is this something they can do or just blowing smoke? ive sent them a email asking for more information on who took out this loan but im still waiting for them to get back to me Im really quite worried if I talk to them on the phone that they will blame me for this when I don't even have need for a loan

Edited by Carl19

You say you have never had any dealings yet you are willing to pay the charges or negotiate to reduce them.

Anyone else would be kicking off denying everything and getting action fraud and the banks fraud team involved.

You say you have never had any dealings yet you are willing to pay the charges or negotiate to reduce them.

Anyone else would be kicking off denying everything and getting action fraud and the banks fraud team involved.

ive talked to the banks fraud team, I just want this sorted I don't want to pay this back when its nothing I knew about

yet you are still willing to pay the charges.

If you can get the facts of this story straight, i can definitley help you. There just seems to be too many random facts in it right now. Without solid information, the best we can do is give you general advice.

I don't want to pay the charges but yes the £80.50 needs to go back I didn't know what that was at the time but the charges im not happy to pay them I just don't know what I can do