Phantom loan mini credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, today I had a letter from minicredit.co.uk about a loan that I knew nothing about I don't know what else I can do I have talked to my bank and they are sending the money, they apparently sent to me says in this letter they tried to call / text / email me but this is the first time Ive heard from them why would they start a loan without getting confirmation from the person who is meant to be setting it up!

what can I do ?

Can you give us more information. What you said doesnt make sense. You talked to your bank who are sending money they apparently sent to you?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

sorry ill try to be more clear I got this letter today, ive talked to my bank this afternoon they told me they will send the payment back to minicredit tonight, but what I don't get is why did this happen I have not signed up for any loans at all I have no reason too

Ahh gotcha. Well, the first thing to do is head to your bank first thing tomorrow and put it in writing that you want ALL transactions blocked to minicredit and their sub companies. This ensures they cant try and take money they arent allowed to take ( they will try).

Then onc eyou are 100% sure your bank account is secure, get a full and formal complaint to minicredit and send it by recorded delivery, and make sure you track receipt. If you need help with that complaint tomorrow, just post back and we'll get you a good one sorted.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Ive talked to my bank with "lost" card which they said to do that way they cant take any payments from me, this isn't fair I had no idea about this someone else did this in my name with my details it was £80.50 which is going back from my bank but in Total they wanted £268.10...Which is Fair enough not as much as others who ive read on here but its frustrating as I did not know about this and im not working at this current time

No. Your bank is COMPLETELY wrong.

You need to put the following in writing:

Account Number: xxxx

Sort Code: XXXX

Dear

With effect upon receipt of this letter, you are instructed to cancel and refuse any and all transactions relating to Minicredit and any mechants they may use. This cancellation also applies to any CPA's ( Continuous Payment Authorities) that are active on my account)

Under Para 55 Payment regulations 2009, you are obliged to comply.

Get it signed, dated and stamped by the bank manager, and ensure you get a copy ( let them keep the original). Once you have done this, should the bank allow ANY money to them, you are entitled to full redress immediately, or the bank could face heavy penalties from the FCA.

This is one of two ways to ensure your account is secure. The other is to simply get a new bank account and cease using your current one.

Cancelling or reporting your card lost, will only stop them using that card number. Nothing else.

Your bank isnt halifax or santander is it?

No im with NatWest, I don't want to pay this loan looks like I may have to but I did not agree to this I don't even know how this happened is there anyway to get this written off I have no reason to have a loan in the first place

Please stop worrying and read what i have advised. Your replies are beginning to sound very strange.

Please stop worrying and read what i have advised. Your replies are beginning to sound very strange.

Sorry..well my bank told me they are paying back the £80.50 from my account at midnight tonight. if that clears off this crazy interest/charges fine then move on just don't get how this loan was done without even talking to me or contacting me first

Carl

You must put in a formal complaint. Put this words in big red letters. You need to past it my royal mail signed for. In it you need to ask them for details they hold such as phone number,email address, IP address of the computer which applied for the loan.

If after 8 weeks it is not resolved go to the fos as i suspect that they will try to put a default on your credit file.

As well as post you can always email it but that would of course give them your email address. Not a good idea

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

So if the IP which the loan was taken out on doesn't match mine I can get the charges removed? they only time I found out about this was this rather shocking letter

Not necessarily as you could have used someone else's computer. But if the email address is wrong and maybe DOB etc it is all evidence of at best incompetence and at worst something criminal. When was the money paid into your account?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Thing is they are saying I have a account with them, which is wrong cos I don't unless someone made one in my name what don't understand is it says in this letter they tried calling/texting/emails and sending letters to talk to me this if the first time ive heard from them I don't see how they can get £80.50 to £268.10 almost £200 in charges

Im gonna bow out of this because i have concerns.

Why not just tell us the truth and you defaulted on the loan and now minimuppets are harassing you and adding on charges?

I say that because from the info ypu jave given us, thats whats happened.

Do not ring them, others have advised you what you need to do please follow the advise given.

Take the letter that was posted further up by renegadimp to your bank asap to stop the pdl from attempting to collect any payment.

Email ( use a different address like a throw away one) or write to the pdl and ask for

1. Date taken out

2. Full name of who

3. Date of birth of who took it out

You could send a sar which will cost 10.00 so you can get all info that they hold for you and request copies of all letters,emails,telephone log calls etc

Ive never had any dealings with this company before any other pdl so im positive that someone else has done this in my name

on this letter at the bottom it says " legal action can be taken against you if you don't make payment infull within 10 days and your account details will be referred to credit reference agencies such action will adversely affect your credit score and your ability to receive credit in the future "

Is this something they can do or just blowing smoke? ive sent them a email asking for more information on who took out this loan but im still waiting for them to get back to me Im really quite worried if I talk to them on the phone that they will blame me for this when I don't even have need for a loan

Edited by Carl19

You say you have never had any dealings yet you are willing to pay the charges or negotiate to reduce them.

Anyone else would be kicking off denying everything and getting action fraud and the banks fraud team involved.

You say you have never had any dealings yet you are willing to pay the charges or negotiate to reduce them.

Anyone else would be kicking off denying everything and getting action fraud and the banks fraud team involved.

ive talked to the banks fraud team, I just want this sorted I don't want to pay this back when its nothing I knew about

yet you are still willing to pay the charges.

If you can get the facts of this story straight, i can definitley help you. There just seems to be too many random facts in it right now. Without solid information, the best we can do is give you general advice.