Recorded Letter from DCA

mr_mastiff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Son left home about eighteen months ago and since that time I must have had nearly every DCA in the book ring him.

I return numerous letters back to them marked not at this address.

I have one complaint inprogress to the OFT about one company and if my complaint to the compliance officer of another group of companies is not answered shortly then I will be making another complaint to the OFT.

One company is adamant that he still lives with here due to the fact that he tried to obtain credit at my address recently. I simply stated that I have no control over that and he does not live here.

This morning the postman gave me a recorded letter for him. Looking at the address at the back I believe it was from a well know DCA up north. I refused to sign for it and asked the postman to return it marked not at this address. I stated that I was was not presently in contact with him and could not accept any delivery for him at this address.

Having looked through the forum I cannot find any other examples of a DCA sending a recorded letter! What do the more experienced members of the forum think they are up to?

Its prob one of the old tricks they used to do. THey send it recorded, so as soon as they see it was signed for, they start their harassment campaign stating that because it was signed, then the debtor lives there.

its not mucky hall is it?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

its prob one of the old tricks they used to do. They send it recorded, so as soon as they see it was signed for, they start their harassment campaign stating that because it was signed, then the debtor lives there.

Its not mucky hall is it?

Edited for accuracy.

Yes from the quick look I had from the address.

Get those complaints going. Mucky hall seem to think they can do anything lately. Its time they were stopped.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Get those complaints going. Mucky hall seem to think they can do anything lately. Its time they were stopped.

Roger to that but it seems as fast as I get one to to stop another takes its place. I am trying to find the the e-mail address of the trading standards man that deals with Mucky-hall in Ayrshire I have seen it in a post over the last few months but cannot remember which thread it was in.

Can any Gagger help me out please>

You need to log all this harassment and read up on Harrison V link. Especially if you have told them to stop contacting you and they are ignoring.

Also, get in touch with their local trading standards office and inform them of what is happening.

Trading Standards Service

Civic Centre South

John Dickie Street

Kilmarnock

KA1 1HW

Telephone: 01563 576602

Email: [email protected]

• Confused 1

He may have put your address as the one he lived at before, and then the sharks get notified by the CRAs that an application for credit has been made 'using the connected address'.

You might want to get the CRAs to disconnect him from your current address.

Sending stuff signed for is a trick tiny use to get his signature to then upload onto paperwork.

lets not get into conspiracy theories please.