Very sophisticated case with Orange.

Xeed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I shall start from the very beginning. Last November I took contract SIM for 12 months that I was quite likely to need in the meantime. Cheapest package and I actually never had a chance to use it. That's actually quite irrelevant. I am not a big fan of Direct Debits so in March/April I contacted Orange Customer Services asking if it's possible to make payments every three months in cash in one of their branches. Lady on the phone told me it's absolutely fine because it's a cheapest package (tenner a month) and I don't actually use my mobile (only about 10 mins and 10 texts used over 12 months contract). Very happy with the outcome and guarantee given it will not leave a trace on my account I made the same phone call to Virgin Mobile. Outcome was exactly the same, note on the account has been made and collection team(s) have been informed. Very happy I went to the bank and I cancelled both Direct Debits.

In the beginning of August I tried to take a car on the credit and I've found out that both of those (Virgin and Orange) have added late payments to my credit file. Apparently customer services made mistakes in both cases assuring me it will not leave a trace on my credit file. First call to Virgin was filled with apologies, manager said he will take care of it personally, same day I received an e-mail from himself saying it has been taken care of, they take full responsibility for mistakes their customer service team makes and credit file will be corrected on a gesture of good will. Fine. Same phone call to Orange, and guess what...

Nightmare! Two months struggle, tens of phone calls, sent from one department to another, tens of emails sent, result equal to ZERO! I have copies of all notes that have been made on my Orange account, including written complaint I sent them. These few notes pretty much ruined my credit rating, from 999 on Experian down to 590!!!

What can I do about it? Contacting them makes no sence! I have contacted CAB, they told me to send a written complaint and they signed it, making a note they are aware of all that. It's been nearly a month since they received a complaint in writing (received on 17th of October).

I would love to sue them for that, are there are no win no fee solicitors specializing in this kind of cases? Orange has a horrible customer service reputation that could be used against them (orangesucks.com is the best example). As I say, I have all the documents to support my will to get it sorted without commencing court proceedings which just didn't work out.

Any advice will be very helpful.

Luke.

/edit

I am not after any kind of compensation. Any solicitor representing me could keep any settlement for himself. All I want is my credit file to be sorted out.

Edited by Xeed

Wow. 200 views and no replies. It seems it's complicated as hell. I tried to get some interest from no win-no fee solicitors. Let's have a look if any will come back to me.