Anyone claimed warm home discount and got nothing?

rp1608
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have claimed warm home discount from Npower for 2 years now and not received any rebate back,

I sent them a message but they didn't reply,

I rang warm front and they said they only deal with Pensioners,

and when I pressed them they said I can't speak to anyone but my energy supplier,

why do I think I am in for a long haul!

Anyone else had problems, if so how did you get on?

Obviously I will try harder, but someone here might know who I can speak to, to save time.

Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The eligibility criteria for Npower warm home discount is here check you meet both sides of the eligibility requirement eg are on a certain low income means tested benefit AND have a disabilty and receive DLA

They do have a right not to award it as there is only a set amount of money in the pot but you are the first I have heard that someone hasn't been awarded it who applied. Assuming you do meet the criteria, then I would phone Npower and ask for an explanation as to why you have been turned down.

I had my discount from EON applied at the end of March this year and have already heard from them that my application for this winter was successful and my credit will be applied at the end of March 2014. Unfortunately bills need paying before the end of March and I can't afford them so no heating here as yet! Toying with the idea tough of sending in lower incorrect meter readings till March to pay lower amounts then the real readings at the end of March and use the credit to pay the bill, that way I might actually feel warm this winter.

I do qualify, I have filled their forms in, then they asked for proof, so I sent that, then hear nothing, I even applied early last year because of the hassle the year before.

that's unusual

they normally ask dwp for the proof not the punter?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I do qualify, I have filled their forms in, then they asked for proof, so I sent that, then hear nothing, I even applied early last year because of the hassle the year before.

I presume that you don't qualify as a 'core' applicant?

The 'broader group' is decided by the energy company. They have the right to choose who to pay it to. If the 'pot' has been used up by the time they get to your application, or that you aren't at the top of the vulnerability scale, you may well find that you get nothing even though you qualify on paper.

This does happen with all providers - what they don't do is tell you why?

Hi all

I have claimed warm home discount from Npower for 2 years now and not received any rebate back,

I sent them a message but they didn't reply,

I rang warm front and they said they only deal with Pensioners,

and when I pressed them they said I can't speak to anyone but my energy supplier,

why do I think I am in for a long haul!

Anyone else had problems, if so how did you get on?

Obviously I will try harder, but someone here might know who I can speak to, to save time.

Thanks

Rebates are Not sent direct to customer's who qualify.

They place a £130 credit on Bills from March 2013

Have you Actuality checked your bill for this period ?

Log in or register for on line billing http://www.npower.com/home/index.htm top right hand corner

and a £135 credit will on bills from March 2014,those who qualify !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

I have had a claim turned down even though I qualified, I then received a letter saying that I qualified for the next years claim. I was in emergency temporary housing at that point, I managed to get council house but the council said I had to start off using their chosen energy supplier and when I tried to apply with them their web site said they had paid out all funds available and so I could not claim. This will mean I will enter a third year without receiving a claim.

Have you telephoned Npower regarding your claim for this year? My understanding is that each year is treated on it's own merits. I applied to SSE in September, heard nothing back, phoned today and was informed they'd received my application and it had been accepted. Their confirmation letter had obviously gone astray in the post.

• 1 year later...

told I qualified for this got nothing told to wait which we did could not get no answers after that just a waste of time I am a pensioner and my wife is disabled would have been nice to be told "sorry you are not getting it" but nothing at all from n power.