Defendant admitted liability unsure which box to tick (MCOL)

jimwhite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I issued a claim and the defendant has admitted liability and already sent a cheque with the claim form return which has cleared.

I just want to clarify what I tick on the form N225A. It has to be Box B 'I accept the amount admitted by the defendant in satisfaction of my claim' and then tick 'I accept the defendants proposal for payment'. But in Part C which is then obligatory it has the first part saying if I don't accept the defendants proposal for payment tick a box. Well I do, its paid in full. Then I need to fill out some payment totals. Do I fill these out? I don't seem to be able to avoid filling out C. The form isn't suitable if the defendant has paid in full.

The defendant made an error by ticking the I admit partly box and then wrote an amount which equaled the full claim.

I don't seem to be able to declare that the defendant has paid and full and the matter is closed. Is it just a matter of writing on the form 'full payment of cleared funds received'?

Thanks for your advice!

Jim

If the claim has been paid you need to file a notice of discontinuance - http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n279-eng.pdf

Completing N225A will result in the Defendant getting a CCJ

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No worries. Yes, it is because they ticked the liability box. The court only knows that the Defendant has admitted liability but does not know the claim has been paid, the Claimant needs to withdraw it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS