Help!! Compliance Interview on Thursday!

wonkyfunk303
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there peeps, been a long time since i have posted on CAG!!

well to put a long story short, ive been on esa for a year now due to depression and i am awaiting my tribunal for a rejected ATOS interview..... a lot has gone on over the years and its why im in the state im in now!

Over the past year, and shortly before I got signed off with depression I started to gamble online, at first it wasnt much and i made back so at least i broke even..... but it got worse, the amounts stayed the same, the frequency however got more and more and to cover my losses and make sure i didnt fall behind with rent etc. etc. i started to sell off my DJ and Studio equipment, a lot of high valued items, the money i had been putting back into my bank which to top up my account to where it was before and so i could cover my bills/rent etc.. etc...

basically someone has phoned the dwp saying i have a source of income and ive been called in for a compliance interview and asked for my bank statements, they have not said how many to take.

thing is i have sold to acquantances ive met in the circle of music i have been a part of and been given cash, i also save up my rent cheques until the last week of the month to make sure i dont gamble them away (i am recieving help for the gambling now) and i am finding it hard to differentiate what i have sold with my rent cheques.......

also back in april 2012 i won back some ppi insurance from my bank, i was working at the time and took out 2k and gave it to a relative to put safely aside and towards a rather big holiday for my son (who has been through hell and essentially lost contact with his mother - hes only7) to try and make good of his childhood after all the grief he has been through. To make sure i did not take this money and gamble it down the tubes i decided to make the holiday this year, i paid half and my dad has paid half, this went into my bank ac and straight out again... can i get in trouble for not saying i had this money set aside for this holiday.

im at my wits end, im even thinking of coming off esa and back onto jobseekers as im doing myself no good just vegetating during the school hours and once lil man is in bed and hence the gambling came in......

any help would be appreciated

hi there peeps, been a long time since i have posted on CAG!!

well to put a long story short, ive been on esa for a year now due to depression and i am awaiting my tribunal for a rejected ATOS interview..... a lot has gone on over the years and its why im in the state im in now!

Over the past year, and shortly before I got signed off with depression I started to gamble online, at first it wasnt much and i made back so at least i broke even..... but it got worse, the amounts stayed the same, the frequency however got more and more and to cover my losses and make sure i didnt fall behind with rent etc. etc. i started to sell off my DJ and Studio equipment, a lot of high valued items, the money i had been putting back into my bank which to top up my account to where it was before and so i could cover my bills/rent etc.. etc...

basically someone has phoned the dwp saying i have a source of income and ive been called in for a compliance interview and asked for my bank statements, they have not said how many to take.

thing is i have sold to acquantances ive met in the circle of music i have been a part of and been given cash, i also save up my rent cheques until the last week of the month to make sure i dont gamble them away (i am recieving help for the gambling now) and i am finding it hard to differentiate what i have sold with my rent cheques.......

also back in april 2012 i won back some ppi insurance from my bank, i was working at the time and took out 2k and gave it to a relative to put safely aside and towards a rather big holiday for my son (who has been through hell and essentially lost contact with his mother - hes only7) to try and make good of his childhood after all the grief he has been through. To make sure i did not take this money and gamble it down the tubes i decided to make the holiday this year, i paid half and my dad has paid half, this went into my bank ac and straight out again... can i get in trouble for not saying i had this money set aside for this holiday.

im at my wits end, im even thinking of coming off esa and back onto jobseekers as im doing myself no good just vegetating during the school hours and once lil man is in bed and hence the gambling came in......

any help would be appreciated

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?369212-Why-you-should-NEVER-use-a-PPI-Reclaims-Company&p=4039627&viewfull=1#post4039627

May I ask how much was the total in PPI reclaims payments you received ?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

from the one claim i was referring to i got back roughly 3.6k back in april 12... i had another 2 k a few months before that from halifax but that was through a company, i was working full time as well back then, coming out of work briefly in june then again in sept and getting signed off! on my bank statements its clear i have a gambling problem as that is most of what my transactions are and it states the companies

Firstly what kind of ESA are you on? If It's contributions based I would have thought that when it comes to selling your own items there shouldn't be a problem.

I'm.now on income based... Was.contribution for the year then it changed... Would that make a difference in me.selling my own personal items?

anyone?? is this under caution? would it state it is under caution on the letter?

Yes it would advise you it was under caution and would state you can have a solicitor present if you wish. The newer DWP letter also states that if you fail to attend they will have you arrested.

It would probably be a check up to ensure your getting what your entitled to and that they have your correct circumstances recorded.

Yes it would advise you it was under caution and would state you can have a solicitor present if you wish. The newer DWP letter also states that if you fail to attend they will have you arrested.

It would probably be a check up to ensure your getting what your entitled to and that they have your correct circumstances recorded.

Thanks tomtom, I did ring and he said someone had phoned up stating that I have 'money coming in', well I won't from now on as I've sold most of my kit... I am able.to supply companies and people who have bought the items from me so that's no issue.... As for the difference between cont an income based I never thought it would be an issue if its my own personal belongings, guess I'll find out on Thurs..... :-/

You can sell your own personal belongings while claiming either form of JSA/ESA. You just can't run a buying/selling type business.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Did they request that far back specifically?

Yep... ridiculous.

For every bank, share, savings, isa etc you've held in that time. I submitted online printouts and just waiting to hear that its not good enough so they can waste more time while they are not paying me.

Edited by honeybee13
Removing derogatory comments.

In which case you would probably fit right in with the rest of them from what I have seen of the inside of a Jobcentre!

I would also suggest that what you propose will go in your favour if you were to ever claim ESA and attend an assessment. Many reports that I have seen prejudice those that make an effort in trying to look reasonably clean and tidy. Something along the lines of 'he was well kempt'.

Edited by honeybee13

yeah i failed my atos because i wasnt rocking backwards and forwards in my chair talking to myself....... and the fact i can go in a shop and buy food.... (when in fact its become a part of my routine where i will go there after the school run then after the school run and walk around in circles..)

well im still worried although doing research on the net, complaince team is kind of the lowest level so i can gather, i just hope they believe me with the info i give them as its down to the person whether they see you as guilty or not, so if they had a bad morning then im in for a rough ride

well had my interview, no idea how it went, the person who phoned up has basically said that im making an income from selling drugs (not true), amazingly the phone call they recieved comes a week after a massive facebook think with an ex (not my starting) which resulted in her new boyfriend coming on my doorstep threatening to 'gut me like a fish'........... he didnt even check my bank statements but did keep the list of items id sold since august, he asked if my bank balance had ever gone over 6k which it hasnt and i showed him my paypal account and all the gambling with which he was satisfied that i wasnt running a business........ he did say that he didnt know what the outcome would be and that he has to send it off for chippenham to make the decision but he hopes that will be the last of it.