style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning,

I've read through the hundreds of Harlands/CRS threads and kind of concluded that after a lot of trying to be logical with them,

everyone ends up writing a final letter saying go away or go to court but I'll be ignoring you from now on.

With that in mind,

I've had a 2nd chaser letter from CRS now and I'm ready to send the following response

I was just hoping for a little advice to make sure I wasn't jumping in too two footed.

I'm not prepared to pay even close to what they claim I'm owing

and I would happily defend myself if they took the matter to court.

letter attached. Thoughts would be welcomed.

I have an email from Harlands accepting my cancellation due to relocation

but as I havent settled the disputed debt they have still continued to add additional admin and now CRS fees.

I also have an email following me requesting they place a freeze on the account until the dispute is resolved

confirming they received that request but chose to ignore it and add further fees.

Cheers

Scott

Personally IMO, I would simply send them a short sharp letter something along the lines of;

Dear Bill&Ben,

I respond to your letter dated dd/mm/yy the contents of which have been noted.

For the avoidance of doubt and any protracted correspondence on your part, I have no desire to entertain your puerile missives.

This will be the one and only letter you will receive from me in regards to this cancelled agreement, I suggest you pass this back to the Gym as I owe no money to your client.

Your actions have resulted in a formal complaint being made to the OFT & Trading Standards, and any further action taken by yourself in relation to this, will be treated as harassment and legal advice will be sought with a view to bringing legal action against you and your client.

This matter is now closed, the only other letter I expect to receive from you is that you have closed your files and will not be harassing me again.7

Regards.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your response. I was thinking about literally doing just that and doing a go away letter but I was half thinking at least if they do take the matter to court I will been seen to have acted reasonably and tried to resolve the issue.

Although from what ive read, CRS dont do court anyway? I dont think theyve got a leg to stand on regardless I just wanted some advice incase I was being too hasty.

In all likelihood they won't read what you send them anyway, so I would just keep it short and sweet.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

word doc hold pers info in the propertries tab

converted to PDF for you.

as BB says

i'd pers ignore them now.

i'd also slim your letter down a bit too.

just remember

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

they have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Scott,

Harlands and CRS operate from the same office using different letterheads.

Your letter is far too long and you need to just stick to the bare bones as BBoo has already said above.

You should not pay any admin fees as they are unenforceable penalty charges.

Harlands may try to say they can only cancel once they have received your cancellation AND the documentary evidence they require. I suggest this is wrong and that your cnacellation date should be the date on which you gave notice to the gym. Thereafter, you should pay for one further full month and no more.

Before you write to Harlands, can you confirm :-

1. When did you tell the gym of the cancellation.

2. Was this done in writing or in person and do you have anything to confirm the date you gave notice to quit.

3. What date did Harlands acknowledge the cancellation.

4. When are you relocating.

When we have this info, we can suggest a response but it'll be limited to just a few paragraphs.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks dx I hadnt realised personal info was still held on the document.

Hi Slick,

I had a conversation with one of the lads on the reception at the gym back in June and it wasnt just a quick, "im cancelling, see you later!" he seemed to be very helpful at the time and told me they would update the system with my cancellation, he didnt even mention contacting Harlands or I would have done so.

It was done in person so I do not have anything to confirm that conversation took place, I doubt this lad would admit he'd forgotten or messed up now.

Harlands confirmed via email that they accepted my proof of new address on 22nd August, I contacted them immediately after being forwarded a load of post by my ex on 15th August. Prior to this I had no idea the cancellation had not been processed properly. The proof of address I sent them was a bank statement dated July 2013 so they accepted I was present at the address on this date but refused to back date their records.

I had already relocated in June/July following the split. I had initially advised the relocation to Manchester (200 miles from the gym) was permanent but my current residency at my parents (still in Manchester) was hopefully temporary whilst I got myself sorted. They initially refused my cancellation on the basis I'd said my parents wasnt to be my permanent address... whilst acknowledging I was still 200 miles away from the gym itself.

They have added further admin fees since acknowledging the cancellation and now the CRS fees on top. They acknowledged my email requesting to freeze the account until the dispute was resolved also but ignored that request anyway.

I know ignoring them is the advice from a lot of people but should I not be wary of my own conduct? I may be being over cautious but I've never dealt with numpties like this before.

Hi Scott,

Ultimately, ignoring Harlands may be the answer but not until you have explained your case fully to them.

Write to them sent by RM Signed For delivery :-

Dear sir or madam,

Membership at xxGym

I refer to the demands for payment made by yourselves, either as Harlands or as CRS.

1. I cancelled by telling the gym staff on approx xxdate that I was relocating.

2. I had no need to tell Harlands or confirm to the gym in writing, as per the Ruling by Mr Justice Kitchin against Ashbourne Mgt Services Ltd in 2011.

3. I should have paid for the month in which I cancelled and for the following month.

4. If Harlands required any proof of change of address, I was happy to supply it but this does not affect the date on which I cancelled.

5. Harlands have no right to decide on what date they accept or confirm the cancellation.

6. Harlands and/or CRS have no right to impose any admin fees which are actually unenforceable penalties.

If you persist in making payment demands, I will report your actions to The OFT as a formal complaint.

Yours faithfully,

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks, I was concious of being too dismissive without clarifying everything with them so if I do end up in court I can at least show I tried to go about everything in the correct manner.

I'll get the letter off tonight and feedback once I receive their standard "we dont care, pay us" response.

Your not going to end up in court, get that firmly out of your head, this is a poxy Gym agreement that is riddled with holes and would be ripped to pieces by a DJ.

Sit and wait for the next fun installment! :thumb: