Debt relief order question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there.

Write a brief letter stating that you believe the debt to be statute barred as per section 5 limitation act 1980. Make it clear that the 'cause of action' occured in 2006 - and that the date of default on the credit file is irrelevent.

Ask for a copy of their complaints procedure making clear that it is your intention to report them to the financial ombudsman service for trying to mislead you as to the true legal position.

- Seq.

They even sent me a ombudsman leaflet to send any complaints to?? As the 1st letter I sent them was to complain. How do they get away with it?!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They even sent me a ombudsman leaflet to send any complaints to?? As the 1st letter I sent them was to complain. How do they get away with it?!

Because people simply dont know what their rights are !!

Any letter you send to the DCA should be headed "Formal Complaint" they are obliged to respond to these and within a specific time scale.

Send your letters by Recorded delivery at the very least and make sure you print off proof of delivery/signature pages from the Royal Mail Track n Trace website.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No worries, keep us posted.

For the record we see scores of creditors and dcas try and worm their way around limitations issues with the whole default thing. You're not the first, you're not going to be the last.

Seq.

I did have a experian account but now i have one thats free and comes with my vanquis credit card(got this to build up credit) dont really use it only to pay the monthly CRA. I may cancel that and go back to experian. Do you really think they would do that? I will give it ago as there is no harm in trying.

thanks for that.

I did have a experian account but now i have one thats free and comes with my vanquis credit card(got this to build up credit) dont really use it only to pay the monthly CRA. I may cancel that and go back to experian. Do you really think they would do that? I will give it ago as there is no harm in trying.

thanks for that.

They have been known to, no harm in trying......... should only take a few of minutes of your time. If you haven't previously used the Equifax 30 day freebie you could do the same on there too.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're referring to Experian or Equifax they will generally remove the offending data if no response from the creditor by day 21. If it can't verify the data it shouldn't be publishing it............ would simplify matters if each of the CRA's took the time to check prior to publication.

anyone no what i should do now? apex have not responded to my formal complaint its been over a month now and thought they only had 21 days to reply to a formal complaint letter. I want to get this off my files asap.

thanks for any info and help guys.

aiden

Formal Complaint 56 days to investigate and respond.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 weeks later...

As said 56 days to investigate a formal complaint and respond, is that period expired yet?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Yeah i got told if i forwarded all the info i have about it been statue barred to experian they have the powers to remove it for me. as you can see ive not paid nor maid contact in more than 6 years. i sent the letter 28th jan and still not had anything back from that.

These things take time to investigate, send a follow up letter.