Newbie Repossession order from Halifax - *Repossession Stopped*

Colly46
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes I am, I will write that in at the end along with the advice on your link. I'll hand it all in personally so I know its there,having a bad week, lots of negative thoughts mainly started by someone who was repossessed because they had negative equity, I really shouldnt listen to except you guys! :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All written up and ready to take in tomorrow,I filled out their I and E form in the end, but took everything else from the link, wrote it all by hand, but will take proof of our last payment, a wage slip,and a copy of my new work contract in with me on the day, I will also photocopy any correspondence I have had with the bank or solicitors with me too...............have I forgotten anything? Just sit tight now until the 19th!............... just want to say,all of you on here have helped me through this, mainly by treating me as a human being and not a social pariah, and the solicitors arent the monsters under the bed that they were.............. they are bullies, I wish i could thank all of you personally! Ell-enn,words cant explain the good work you do on here, its people like you that make life worth while! :clap2:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the deed is done! I was fine all morning, rehearsed what I was going to say, we checked ourselves in and the rep from bank of scotland came tottering in,and basically saying we have accepted your payment etc,etc,so no need to bother the judge with any other matters. Our name was called, I walked into the office,and had the biggest panic attack I have ever experienced............ the judge was very helpful and calmed me down. The long and short of it is we dont have to pay £150 per month,the judge agreed to £100 (due to the imminent interest rate rise) so we are pleased with that. He was a little perplexed about my obvious fear, so my husband filled him in on the way the solicitors had been 'bullying' us into paying a higher amount,and saying the house could be repossessed if we dont find the arrears, he wasnt best pleased. I did mention about when the order will be lifted,and he said ' when you have cleared the arrears, we cant keep an order in place, you can apply to have it removed' I was gobsmacked, those tw*ts told us it would hang over us for the whole term of the mortgage............... It goes without saying, if it wasnt for you guys on here, I would have crashed and burned, and anyone going through this dreadful process, I would offer 2 pieces of valuable advice, DO NOT listen to anything the solicitors say to you, get everything in writing and photocopy it............... DO listen to everything Ell-enn tells you to do,and carry it out by the letter, she has saved my sanity,and she will save yours!:clap2:

Well done Colly46 great news. Enjoy Christmas without that hanging over your head.

I would write to them to get back all of the charges added to the mortgage account.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Brilliant news Colly ! well done for being so brave. I knew you'd be OK :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The solicitors made things far worse,and caused a lot of anxiety. I know we are not out of the woods yet, but I have a better understanding of how it all works now! I would like to stick around on here and give some support to people going through the same thing! I am so grateful for all the help and support I have received,I'd like to give something back!:-)