Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I'm not sure if I've posted in the correct place so please feel free to move.


In 2008 we had a damp proofing done to our home but the last 12-18 months its gradually coming back. The plaster has fallen off in the bay window and of the walls are wet/soaking.


The thing is we live on a street of 12 houses and almost all of them are having the same problem. Our neighbours have there home done twice and its back and the homes 2 doors either side of us both have returning dame. One home has had the course done 3 times and its still back.


We now feel there is a more underlying problem. One neighbour has had the council out to inspect and he seems to think that maybe when a old school opposite us was demolished over 20 years maybe the pipes weren't capped correctly and over the years it has seeped into the homes.


So what do we do now? There is no point in me decorating as the paint just peels off and there is no point having the course repeated as it will just come back.


Who is actually responsible for the repair work?


Many Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did new DPC come with 10yr Warranty?

Was it injected DPC?

What is condition of pointing and bricks above DPC?

Is it old (1920s) property of single brick/stone construction or 'modern' ext cavity walls? ( cement/debris bridging the cavity?)

Link to post
Share on other sites



I have a 25yr guarantee and the dpc was injected. The house is old pre 1920's but the pointing is fine. We did have the cavity wall insulation done 2 years ago. We just think its strange all the houses are suffering the same problem. One neighbour pulled up the floorboards and noticed the soil underneath his house was wet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

broken drain?

You can use a material called 'Vandex ' and render that on the inside which will prevent the subsequent plaster from failing.; however that wont cure the underlying rising damp from the wet ground.

Get the dpc guarantee people to check and get yours/neighbours drains checked out

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...