• Tweets

• 50K signatures on Petition against the ban https://petitions.senedd.wales/petitions/244282   There are two camps here, the save the NHS and the local control is best like Ceredigion with rates so low due to them implementing their own local Test trace isolate away from the English Dido/Serco mashup that Drakeford bought into for Wales as well, with such anomalies as aschool dinner lady in Bangor being offered a test in Inverness, a 900 mile round trip.  Second group blindly support Drakeford's ban even suggesting Online shopping for the non essential items should be banned, and mask wearing compulsory even in our own homes.
    • In the T&Cs there is no definition for MOT Check & Repair 12 month cover £750.  Actually it is not even mentioned at all in the T&Cs.  I have track of the emails disputing the service regime and that is not being disputed any more.    The issue being disputed is that under the service contract as per the "12 month cover £750" the MOT, minor fault and advisories should have been repaired.  In addition, their own health check indicated that the rear discs were 60% corroded and I am of the opinion they should have been repaired at the time of the service.  They quoted me nearly £500 to replace the rear brake discs.  I had the same job done on a 2005 Jeep GC and the cost was under £200.   By the end of the 3 year contract we will have paid in £1487.16.  We took out the service plan believing it to insure us against any expensive repairs at the time of the MOT or service. What was the point in paying for the "insurance" part of the plan if it does not work.  I am now also wondering if the credit payments would be covered by FOS although this is not mentioned in the T&Cs?   As said we now have the warning light on again so it does appear that they may have frigged the software to make the message disappear for the MOT.  I have no way of proving this.    I need to mae sure that I have the correct information to argue my case as more then likely they are going to baulk when the "Serv 4WD" issue is brought up when Isee them on Tuesday.  
    • Also, please can you avoid posting in a single block of text. We need posts properly presented – space and punctuated – otherwise people may be discouraged from giving you the help you need.  
    • Who was the loan taken out with? Are these the same people who were chasing you for the one-off payment? Send them an SAR immediately. What is the value of the house?
    • hi all just a quick question. brief summary. i had an account at a forex broker, where i traded a currency vs another. i held it the trade (position) for about a week and then sold the trade (closed the position). i had a profit of around 10k. then the broker confiscated(stole) all the profit citing they made an error with the interest they should have charged me for holding this large trade/position. they claimed it was a manifest error, and furthermore claimed that they had been charged this interest by the banks where they copy my trade in the markets. i looked into what they were saying and found that the correct amount of interest according to the markets should have been around 5k. in their terms and conditions it states that any amount of interest or fees would be clearly stated. but now they are claiming manifest error. i would like to take them to court for the 5k overcharging as they have not provided me their calculations for 10k as in any event the calculations would be wrong as the correct amount was 5k my question is in the section of the particular of claim where i put the breaches that the defendant has breached what would i put there. after googling and reading the forums and looking for someone who had some sort of similar case. i came across the following. but i am not sure if they would apply to me. so please if you have any insight please do help me thank you what i have found online, i don't know if this is relevant or not The interest charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contract) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para. 8 and sch. 2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15 breach of statutory duty breach of contract tort of negligence
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Free toolkit for Scottish homeowners with property factor disputes

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2542 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Govan Law Centre has published a free tookit for Scottish homeowners who are unhappy with the service received from their property factors (property managers).

The free toolkit, supported by the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation, explains the rights of customers in relation to the relevant law - including the Property Factors (Scotland) Act 2011, which was drafted by GLC for Patricia Ferguson MSP - the registration process for property factors, the statutory Code of Conduct, and the new dispute resolution procedure in Scotland.

The toolkit includes illustrative letters of complaint and step-by-step help on how to complete an application to the new Homeowner Housing Panel, with common examples.

GLC had spearheaded a campaign over a number of years to regulate the property management industry in Scotland, and provide a consumer-friendly form of alternative dispute resolution for homeowners that had 'legal teeth'.

GLC Property Factor Toolkit is available here (opens as PDF).

http://govanlc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/glc-publish-free-toolkit-for-scottish.html