Lowells etc chasing Lloyds 'debt' prob already SB'd - claimform

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guy's have a court date to have judgement set aside (did not receive claim form, believe statute barred) Bryan Carter solicitors are not attending hearing and have sent me a copy of letter to court which I'd like to respond to - this is attached and would welcome any advice - (this is for ex wife who will not be attending due to illness) - Thanks

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the claimant is not attending I would move hell and high water to be there...you would be on the higher ground to start with...however if your wife does not attend then your set a side will fail...she must attend...you can sit with here..but she must attend.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Andy she is off long term sick at the moment - what is likely success if she gets to court (unlikely) - her defence would be not received any letters and payment they refer to no knowledge of paying - is there something more articulate in terms of defence? Thank you, Pete

A very good chance...as the claimant is not attending...but she must attend...will only last 10/15 mins.As for your defence you rely on your reason contained within your application to set a side...none receipt of N1?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

N1?

Northampton Claim form...thats the correct name.

But you didn't receive them initially ...hence the set a side?

Thanks for all advice - ex wife will be attending court armed with defence below on each of claimants points (see attachment) - reasonable?

Judgement was challenged and application made to set aside

2. No correspondence has been received other than court summons which I then challenged appx 1.2.14 and paid to have judgement set aside

3. Defence was filed as soon as aware of court documents. There was a delay at Northampton court where I applied as I thought I was exempt because not working at the time - fee was since paid £80 to have judgement set aside

4. I have no knowledge of payment £89.47 on 13.6.12. This needs to be proved and I still believe statue barred (over 6 years old) even debt is relevant

5. No proof of debt received or proved

6. No instalments will be paid as I feel debt not applicable. I am also not working at moment with no assets - (house sold and no equity)

7. Debt not valid and should be set aside

What were the claimants particulars of claim?

at top of thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?409018-Lowells-etc-chasing-Lloyds-debt-prob-already-SB-d-claimform

Basic Account Holder reputation_pos.png

follow_us-a.png

Cagger sinceJan 2011Posts110

icon1.png Court date - Judgement set aside

Hi guy's have a court date to have judgement
set aside
link3.gif
(did not receive claim form, believe statute barred
link3.gif
) Bryan Carter solicitors are not attending hearing and have sent me a copy of letter to court which I'd like to respond to - this is attached and would welcome any advice - (this is for ex wife who will not be attending due to illness) - Thanks

paperclip.png Attached Files

Thats a letter from Carter...where is the claim form from Northampton?

If this all goes wrong and we have to pay debt of £1291 should we make a settlement offer (a friend has offered) - is there a template? what % is reasonable? do we ask them to meet any conditions e.g. mark debt settled?

Thanks

I would wait first of all for the outcome of the court hearing.

yes you could settle , personally I would be starting with an offer of 10-15% with conditions attached. There are template letters in the library . If they can see a CCJ coming they might be less tempted to accept an offer unless you can show that all they will receive are token payments.

Just my thoughts

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

What were the claimants particulars of claim?

Asking again

To be honest then if this all goes wrong for you and I hope it doesn't and you do get a set aside then maybe try to offer a token monthly payment to stop court action. This may or may not work but a few months down the line they may be more inclined to bite your hand off for a F&F

I would be interested in seeing what the experts say

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .