UKPC - Information neede

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A flat which I have just acquired isin a block where the parking is controlled by UKPC. I have beenspeaking to some other leaseholders who have complained about being harassed this company. The headlease holder is a Housing Associationand I intend to lobby them to sack this pariah.

I have spent hours searching theinternet for a case where UKPC have actually taken someone to court,but drawn a blank, although I am aware of the Trading Standards fiasco in Hull Crown Court, and also of the bloody nose administeredto them by Roger Davey.

Can anyone dish any more dirt please? Were they clampers in a former life, if so were they taken to court?,

Edited by D P Dance

From what I've been reading about MET..they use debt recovery agencies to take people to court. UKPC may do something similar.

That would not be possible, a debt collector would need to own the debt to take someone to court, since there never is a debt to own then they could never take action themselves, unless they have an in house solicitor. However even then the solicitor would be acting for the originator ie: the PPC.

UKPC have claimed for many years that they have taken people to court, even had a rolling list on their website of successful claims, however several FOI requests to the MOJ have proven they have never issued a claim.

you say other leaseholders have been harassed, then this is the way forward if you have concerns about their behaviour. The first port of call would be the HA as you note and point out that they are responsible not for the parking control but for the harassment of people preventing their "quiet enjoyment" of their property. Let them know that the liability begins and ends with them and that you expect any trespass or harassment will be dealt with in a summary cessation of their services or face civil action themselves. If those who have suffered are willing to put their name on the letter then that will be better as it will be harder to ignore. They cannot just ignore your letter but I would send it to the chariman of the trustees as well as to the head of the management.

UKPC have plenty of bad press so point this out to them esp the complaints of breaches of DPA and telling lies in their advertising. This may give the HA cause to claim misrepresentation in thegaining of the contract and allow a quick exit

• 1 month later...

]THE TRUTH ABOUT UKPC PARKING CONTROL LTD. I used to work for this rip off firm. All warden MUST reach their targets otherwise they are sacked. All ukpc wardens get a bonus for tickets they issue. The payments were as follows. 20 to 30 = £2.00 per ticket. 30 to 40 = £3 per ticket. 40 to 50 = £4 per ticket. 50 onwards is £5 per ticket. As you can see a warden can earn a lot of money while it lasts. The company would tell us to issue ghost tickets which means we issue a ticket to a car. Take all the photos then remove the ticket. This means the driver never knows about the ticket until he or she gets a letter demanding £90. of course they have missed the time to pay £50 within fourteen days because the ticket was removed. Also we were told to hide to get tickets. We were told to ticket for no blue badge on the dash even though we could see it in the door well. The company would cancel the ticket when they seen a photo copy of the badge BUT would charge the driver £15 admin fee. We were told to take photos at a certain angel when a car was over the white line. This was to make it look worse should the driver appeals. We were told NEVER to advice anyone that they can appeal to POPLA because it costs ukpc £23 for this appeal. My advise NEVER PAY A PENNY TO THESE CONMEN. THE TICKET IS NOT WORTH THE PAPER ITS PRINTED ON. PLEASE COPY THIS AND POST ON OTHER SITES. THANK YOU FOR READING THE TRUTH

well that's 4 companies you supposedly worked for....

time to go play elsewhere me thinks.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 years later...
Some follow up.

I was talking to th block manager the other day about another issue. The HA are fed tp with UKPC and have sappointed a "better company", PCM, I despair.

Can't the leaseholders form an Association and demand the PPC is booted out as they are not needed?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

tell the manager that he will be sued along with the parking co if they ticket anyone who has a right to park. Doesnt matter if he is employed by HA you can still name him as co-respondent as he would have a vicarious liability (and if he didnt the HA would have own up to take the hit)