style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Earlier this week I received a letter for ARCeurope, informing me that they where trying to contact me on behalf of their client on a personnel matter. No more detail than that.

Then later in the week I received a letter from Arrow Global informing me that ARCeurope where now handling my account.

Apparently this relates to a MBNA credit card back in 2008. I have no paper work regarding this matter from either MBNA or Arrow Finance until this week.

Since I have no paper work regarding this should I request a copy of the original credit agreement first?

thanks for any thoughts.

A fishing letter just ignore until they are more forthcoming, have you received the notice of assignment from the original creditor? Or a default notice as well? Have you checked your credit file? if not do so now, give Noddle a try it is free, then you can see if the alleged debt is actually on your credit file. do this 1st then come back to your thread with an up date.

Also DON'T call them and stay off of the phone don't go though the security questions, simply state you will only deal with the debt in writing. Keep a record/file with all correspondence for this debt as it will be needed at a later date. Until they give you more details you don't have to worry ok!

Don't start writing letters until they give you more details first, your debt may contain charges or fees or maybe there could be something wrong with it, if they write to you again and offer a discount come back here first before you deal with them. They will lie to you and get you to part with your money, maybe they are not entitled to it.

In the mean time can you give any further details? like when it was taken out last payment made, as much detail as you can give as this will help us give you the best advice.

MM

Edited by mikeymack2002

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.