What now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello CAG,

A few years ago you all helped me out when I was in a real mess. I was made redundant while pregnant and had huge debts. Through CAG, I had advice to set up payment arrangements with them all and for about five years,I have been paying between £15 and £40 a month to four, two banks and two debt buyers.

So, my question now is, what happens next? Will I just keep paying these off like this or will they ask me to settle etc? I've never again got a high paying job and work within a school now and enjoy it but can't see me ever earning enough to pay these off at really high amounts each month or in a huge lump. I still don't want to go bankrupt but just wondering if anyone else has the same experience etc, do things just trundle on as is or of they at some point get shirty again and start demanding a lot more / full payment etc? Thanks.

If the level of payment is now causing hardship to you and your family tell the creditors/DCA that you will have to reduce the payments to a more affordable level.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: