New sofa bought on Ebay, buy it now...broken

newdad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought 2x2 seater sofas from a merchant on ebay 13 months ago...The items were bought new and as a 'buy it now' purchase and the purchase was made through paypal.

13 months on, and in one sofa the leg frame (a metal bar attached to the wooden supporting frame) has snapped away from the supporting frame at the base of the sofa and on the other sofa the leg frame is bending inwards and will soon give way.

Do I have any comeback against the seller to either 1) repair the sofa's, 2) replace the sofas or 3) or refund?......Is it worth entering a paypal dispute or is it simply to late.....I spent £400 on these sofas and feel thoroughly hacked off!

I bought 2x2 seater sofas from a merchant on ebay 13 months ago...The items were bought new and as a 'buy it now' purchase and the purchase was made through paypal.

13 months on, and in one sofa the leg frame (a metal bar attached to the wooden supporting frame) has snapped away from the supporting frame at the base of the sofa and on the other sofa the leg frame is bending inwards and will soon give way.

Do I have any comeback against the seller to either 1) repair the sofa's, 2) replace the sofas or 3) or refund?......Is it worth entering a paypal dispute or is it simply to late.....I spent £400 on these sofas and feel thoroughly hacked off!

Unfortunately Ebay won’t want to know as you’re out of time for both a PayPal and SNAD dispute.

If the seller is a business you have come back, email them and tell them what the problem is and remind them of their obligations under the SOGA.

If they’re a private seller there is little you can do.

thanks, they are an ebay merchant with 1000's of sales.....I've phoned ebay and they have been quite helpful in as much as they have emailed the seller on my behalf explaining the issues and have requested the seller contacts me....Fair enough on their part......The seller's ebay shop offers a 12 month guarantee (which of course has expired by one month), so yes, will email them straight away and see what happens