smokeyspot v barclays ***SETTLEDD IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first reply to this site. I wrote to Barclays after watching a TV program on the injustice of the bank charges. Wasn't sure what I had been charged over the last 6 years, but thought it worth a go. Wrote a letter to them on the 6th March, using a template from the web site I had been reviewing. I enclosed a £10 cheque for the info as I had been advised to do and sat back and waited, expecting them to take the full 40 days to reply. I chased again with another letter on the 16th April. Still no response. I followed up with a phone call to be told that the statements had been sent out 7 days prior to my call and that no charge had been made and my cheque would be returned. After another call,same response and then another to be told that they hadn't been sent and that the 40 days wasn't up and that it was actually 40 working days. They were fighting their way through a backlog. The 40 working days will be up on Monday. I will phone again on Monday if I receive nothing and then write to the information commissioner. I'll keep you posted. If I succeed, I will then try and reclaim the £1200 they have charged my 20 year old son in the last 3 years.

Thanks

Richard

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well - its finally happened - letter from barclays yesterday, full amount in the account today! Just to update everybody, I had a preliminary hearing arranged for 25 May. I phoned barclays 2 weeks ago and they said there was no way they would settle. I wrote to the court asking that my case was left on the small claims track and not used as a test case. I copied this letter to barclays. Then yesterday I received a letter (same format as other people's) offering the full amount. I phoned and adjusted the amount to account for interest up to date which she (Kate Ashton) agreed. I also said that I wouldn't write to the court until the money was in the bank. I faxed the letter back at lunchtime and the money went into my account this afternoon. Still trying to get over the shock! They seem to be waiting until about 2 weeks before the court case to settle. I really was starting to think that it wouldn't happen to me (I started this in October of last year). Will certainly donate and fill in questionnaire. Please could someone change my thread to WON!