o2 fraudulent account opened in my name created default on my credit report.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am having a bit of a problem with o2 and if someone could provide some help I would be very grateful.

In November 2011 someone opened up two mobile contracts in my name (god knows how), one with three (which was promptly rectified) and one with o2.

In January 2011 I contacted o2 and explained the situation. They told me that their fraud team would have to look into it and it would be resolved within 30 days.

30 days had passed and I had heard nothing (they had my contact details) so I assumed everything was fine, however having just checked my credit score I can see that an account is still open and has been declaired level 8 default (I think that's the correct terminology.

A few months ago I took out a loan for several thousand pounds, the APR of which was 22% when the loan was advertised at 5.2%. At that time I just assumed that was because I had little to no credit history.

So now I have a defauilted account on my credit history and a loan that I am paying far too much for.

I have contacted o2 and they person I spoke to couldn't find an account as I no longer have the paperwork with "my" phone number on.

I provided him with all the information and he said that the fraud team would get back to me within 5 working days.

What should I do when I hear back? Should I be entitled to compensation as this account which should have been closed has greatly increased my loan repayments?

I would massively appreciate you help and advice.

Ryan.

Hi welcome to CAG,

Have you made a formal complaint about this if not I suggest that you make the formal complaint to the CEO Telefonica UK

I have just had a complaint cleared up in less than a week by doing this.

I will post up the name and address for you when I get home.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hello Ryan,

Sorry for the delay in responding this is a very busy weekend for me, so details as promised before I get distracted.

Ronan Dunne

CEO Telefonica Uk

Executive Relations

Suite K

Arlington Business Park

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Going to the very top of this company really has been very successful

Dear Mr Dunne,

I write to make a formal complaint regarding the conduct of O2 in reference to an account opened fraudulently in my name which has no resulted in a default being registered in my name on credit reference agency files this is causing serious damage to my credit rating and therefore my ability to obtain credit.

I layout below the sequence of event from the inception of the fraudulent account to the present day.

(tell your story of the events and the consequences here Ryan).

Mr Dunne given the seriousness of this formal complaint I feel that a response and remedy to this matter is need much earlier than the 56 days normally allowed.

I look forward to your prompt reply.

Get free proof of posting.

Brig.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

You are most welcome. I will watch the thread please come back if you need help!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your feedback.

Here's a quick update:

I spoke to a lady who explained that the account had been closed down. I asked when this happened and she just vaguely replied "It has been closed down."

I eventually ascertained that the account wasn't closed down when I first asked in January and was left open until this recent contact I had with the company.

Anyway. She sent an email confirming that the account had now been closed.

I asked for the dates and times that I originally contacted them along with any notes on the account. I was informed that because the account was opened fraudulently I am unable to get this information.

Is this correct?

Do you feel it's now time to write the letter to the CEO?

As always, I really appreciate your help.

Ryan.

I asked for the dates and times that I originally contacted them along with any notes on the account. I was informed that because the account was opened fraudulently I am unable to get this information.

Is this correct?

Do you feel it's now time to write the letter to the CEO?

They should be able to give you information about when YOU contacted them. Sounds like an excuse.

Are they trying to suggest that the DPA won't allow them to provide further information? That would be a joke.

Try the CEO if you don't get anywhere