poss going to prison for benefit fraud? - ** RESOLVED WITH SUSPENDED SENTENCE **

Mummytotwox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would expect any covert surveillance by the DWP to be considerably more professional than you detail here. Irrespective of what the rights and wrongs of your individual case may be, I'd be surprised if Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum were from the DWP. They sound like a couple of very amateur private investigators - if they're anything to do with your household at all. I would look for an alternative answer to this.

Brigade i suspect there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. If the information posted above is true i think they will have issues with the benefits agency. The fact that he contributes to the bills would count as income and are the council only paying part of the rent or if they are paying the max LHA the extra rent would also potentially be counted as income.

What they may or may not Intend to do in the future is not proof of any fault now imo.

Of course it does. When added to everything else it suggests a stable relationship with a planned future.

Apart from him being there more often what will change after they get married?

Don't forget a DM's decision is based on probability.

Edited by jabba jones

We had an investigator watching one of our neighbours last year. They just sat in a car opposite for a week or two. Another neighbour who was living with her partner but claiming as single was very worried and asked us about it. To be honest we did not notice until it was brought to our attention. As it happened they where not after the one who's partner lived their but another neighbour who's father was living in her spare room and it was about HB & CTB.

If you see them again ring the police on the non emergency number. I had to do this the other week because there was someone hanging around outside my house for over 2 hours. They sent PCSO's out, they found him, questioned him and it turned out to be innocent but the point is if you are being watched then they will have to tell the police who will come and tell you

Go and ask them next time you see them,,or do what Ros0169 suggested...if you have nothing to hide and you think they are watching you then get them questioned.

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Hello there.

Fwiw, I think the advice is right, there's no point driving yourself mad. Coincidences do happen in life and I shall be interested to see what the outcome is with you.

When I was on the anxiety management course, one of the little mottoes they gave us was along the lines of 'what can I do to short-circuit this worry, instead of just stressing over it?'. I try to do it myself, although I know it's not always easy.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Mummytotwox

I have read your thread and I wonder...Now this maybe not what you thought.. You say your Husband is your ex, could it be that your ex has a nutty girlfriend/ex girlfriend stalker who wants to see what he's upto?? Long shot be there are plenty of paranoid unstable women out there. Hope you get it sorted!

Hi Mummytotwox

I have read your thread and I wonder...Now this maybe not what you thought.. You say your Husband is your ex, could it be that your ex has a nutty girlfriend/ex girlfriend stalker who wants to see what he's upto?? Long shot be there are plenty of paranoid unstable women out there. Hope you get it sorted!

That is what I was thinking....

Hi Mummytotwox

deffo not, hes from Yorkshire and im in Leicester lol x

It's during the day so a lot of the council/DWP will still be at work (it's just saddos like me that log in during lunch :0) )

I believe a DWP employee posted on here that there is a form that is sent out that releases people from being under caution. As to how often this is sent out, or the timescales involved, I cannot comment. Anecdotally, there was someone posting on here who had -- I believe -- reached the statutory limit for action to be taken against them but had heard nothing (although their case was slightly different). One thing is clear: the wheels of the machine can move very slowly, which is not the answer you want to hear, I know.

This may well be a stupid question, but can you not phone the investigator and ask about the status of the investigation? After the IUC occurs I believe it gets sent up north to Scotland for transcription, and there is a stage of further consideration for prosecution by a management level not involved in the original investigation (I could be wrong on this and am open to correction). So it could be that the investigation has been shelved and they've just not told you, or, it could still be in the machinery somewhere awaiting further analysis. I believe that, if it is referred on to the PF/CPS, you should be informed of this as well, although once again, my memory is hazy, and so I wouldn't take this as gospel.

Another option would be to speak to someone in Welfare Rights and have them pick up the phone on your behalf (often they are ex-government employees and so may know the investigators in the area).

Don't know if this helps. I had my IUC in late June. The overpayment letter was received by me a month later and I started paying back the money in early August. Towards the end of September I heard from them that they intend to take me to court and the case will not be heard for another three months. Yes it is a very slow process and your life is on hold and you are constantly sick and worried. This has been one of the worse years of my life and I have spent it wishing my life away and it is still not over yet. Hope this help albeit that it is not good news but then things may be different where you reside.

just chipping in,I had an Iuc in april last year,they still aint got back to me and that was after one and a half hour grilling session regards my various other bank accounts so dont hold your breath!! ,Im certainly not contacting them they might have lost me in the system or something,fingers crossed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks