poss going to prison for benefit fraud? - ** RESOLVED WITH SUSPENDED SENTENCE **

Mummytotwox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that we're encouraging you to approach potential DWP employees with a baseball bat! :-D

Why not? They could well be 'casing' the house for a potential hit!!!!

On the other hand the poster could approach them and ask what do they think they are doing - explaining that their suspicious actions were causing alarm with the 15 illegal immigrants that are living in the loft space!

Lol. I was hoping never to hear from them again, I reckon there doing it because they didnt have enough everdience before.

Its two women, aparntly today they were stood in the rain next to car watching. At around 7.30am.

I cant approach because its right over the street, quiet far but I have a feeling iykwim. Im so stressed.

defiantly not jumping to conclusions! i watched as they pulled up 2mins before he left, got out the car, had a fag, when he left they left 5mins after.

so hes leaving early tomorrow, to try and catch them off guard. im going to ring my lawyer later too. im so mad! they know iv had an operation this week too!:-x

Just ask them - what they are doing.

If you are doing nothing wrong - then no need to worry.

No need to leave early - just go up to them when they arrive.

I really doubt they would make themselves visible if they were on surveillance.

Not much a solicitor can do about two women standing in your street.

The Police might be interested if they are acting suspicious.

Is your ex only with you whilst you recover from the op.

rang laywer. she said to write to jobcenter and tell them him and my sister are staying for x amount of days to help me recover. and then its covered my back. she also said that just because they are there for 5 mins doesnt prove he lives here, as he could be coming to see kids an hour before work.

Your ex has been there 2 months ago til now? I would be careful ..IF it is the fraud investigators (doesn't sound it tbh) the helping you out after an OP thing could be hard to use too long term. Don't forget proving beyond reasonable doubt doesn't apply to over payments. They could still hit you with a big bill, on the evidence they have, even if they don't prosecute.

Sorry if i sounded as if i was questioning you, you just need to be on the ball and make sure,should anyone question you,that you give complete answers that can not be twisted to suit their purpose. Alas the dip go after the easy targets and not the hard core abusers.

Not the same as you - but a case has just been brought against someone who reported to ill to work, so had been claiming benefits for several years.

Maybe neighbours tipped them off, but they did a long term surveillance on this person, along with photos proving he was was not ill and led a perfectly normal life.

They do not hang around on street corners, this man lives in a small small town, and yet he detected nothing out of the ordinary and went about his daily business for weeks suspecting nothing.

Sad to say, but if your ex is leaving first think in the morning (even though totally innocent) you need to be careful, there is always someone ready to do the dirty.

You also need to watch that you don't make them think you have something to hide, when you ring them up and tell them your circumstances.

You seem to be in a panic and they might detect this.

If you need help following your operation then you should phone adult services and ask for an assessment of need. They will arrange help for you and for your children if it is needed. Your xh need not get involved. Him spending regular time in your house is going to cause problems with your benefits. A friend of mine was investigated as her xh was coming to her house most days to help with the children as she has severe mental illness. The investigation found they didn't dispute that he didn't sleep there, but that there was an 'emotional connection' and shared care for the children within one home and she is having to do without benefits now and pay £34,000 back.

As I've already said on your previous thread I do think that from a benefit point of view you are living with your partner & there's plenty of evidence that you've listed which the investigators should be able to obtain with ease.

The fact that they showed you nothing at your IUC surprised me, but they've got your version of events now & could well still be in the process of collecting all the other evidence before inviting you back in for a 2nd IUC. If they are doing surveillance on you & your partner is coming & going (which you've already said he used to do anyway) you're just helping them with there case even more!

I can't see any evidence of co habitation here a simple case of assiting an ex with a child whilst the op recovers from an operation.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Personally speaking,,if someone was blatantly watching my house,rather than get into a fervour of paranoia..ask them what they are doing and tell them you are going to inform the police.

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

I can't see any evidence of co habitation here a simple case of assiting an ex with a child whilst the op recovers from an operation.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe...

They have children together – Past.

He is there a lot (pre & post operation) – Present

They plan to get married & have registered this – Future

This shows stability.

He pays part of the rent & helps with bills. His mail goes to the house & he has taken out loans from the address.

Add surveillance to this along with the fact that he has no other stable address.

If all this (plus any other evidence that there will probably be) goes to a decision maker then mummytotwox will need some pretty good evidence in her favour not to get an LT decision given against her!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks