poss going to prison for benefit fraud? - ** RESOLVED WITH SUSPENDED SENTENCE **

Mummytotwox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry about spelling.

Just wondering why they wouldnt show you evidence at a IUC, the bloke doing the interview said he wont show me it, its making me wonder if he really did have solid stuff to go on, as he kept saying "what your saying and what i have isnt the same, so its proof your lying", i am now thinking hes saying this to get a confession. Like he said i will have to redo the whole interview for housing/council benefit, but still wouldnt show me proof! i saw NOTHING!

he said he spoke to OHs boss, but asked for where he worked?

im confused!

help!

I'm up for benefit fraud too but on an issue of not declaring change of circumstances, which don't involve the questioning of whether I have a partner living with me etc. I was certainly shown items of 'evidence' at my IUC but then maybe my case is more black and white. Even so, if they had evidence of your partners name and address on anything at all I don't understand either why they wouldn't show you their evidence.

My IUC was the worst two hours of my life, now I'm summonsed to court I feel helpless and sick as a dog, probably pretty much the same way as you do, worried sick I will end up in prison and shame my whole family. Good luck with your case, sending you thoughts and hugs at this horrible time.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please,please stop panicking,,,I know and appreciate you are scared but noone is going to lock you in a dungeon with only a bowl of gruel.You have done something daft,for whatever reason and while it's not right (according to the law of the land) it's also not mass murder.. The IUC is designed to scare you bandy,and yes,,the demon behind the desk probably does have some evidence on you,,and will indicate there is solid proof,but he/she will also be bluffing a bit,and try to trip you up,confuse you and make you feel like the lowest of the low..If you get found guilty they will want their money back,and that will be set at an affordable rate..Don't lose sleep/appetite etc over it,you will make yourselves ill,,take a deep breath and try to think positive,,it's done,it will soon be over and life will get back to normal (take it from someone who knows first hand ) :)

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Please,please stop panicking,,,I know and appreciate you are scared but noone is going to lock you in a dungeon with only a bowl of gruel.You have done something daft,for whatever reason and while it's not right (according to the law of the land) it's also not mass murder.. The IUC is designed to scare you bandy,and yes,,the demon behind the desk probably does have some evidence on you,,and will indicate there is solid proof,but he/she will also be bluffing a bit,and try to trip you up,confuse you and make you feel like the lowest of the low..If you get found guilty they will want their money back,and that will be set at an affordable rate..Don't lose sleep/appetite etc over it,you will make yourselves ill,,take a deep breath and try to think positive,,it's done,it will soon be over and life will get back to normal (take it from someone who knows first hand ) :)

Just petrified knowing my overpayment is around the £6000 mark, they are making examples of people at the moment.

My IUC was held at my house (health reasons) and I was SO scared !! I sat cowering in my chair until she said something that irked me beyond belief and from somewhere inside me I plucked up the courage and said 'Ok,,I have made a massive boo boo but I did it in ignorance not in greed,,I've got no excuses and I'm sorry but it is what it is,,just put me out of my misery as you have clearly made your minds up,but please stop talking to me as if I'm the devil incarnate or a blithering idiot,I'll accept whatever the results are' Upshot is,,6 months overpayment of ctax and hb being repaid at £5.00 pw each ,,I know they will be watching over me for a while but thats ok,,cos my hands are now clean,,and yours will be too xx

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

thanks everyone.

iv been thinking about this.. i dont think they had enough evidence. And i think they was saying i had to see housing and council benefit people, to scare me. My story rings true, but i think they thought id crack and say i did something i didnt. I just dont understand why they wouldnt show me one thing of evidence instead telling me "it doesnt ring true". Now im worried about hearing back from them. they havent stopped my IS.

what do you think will happen?

You are probably right that someone 'dobbed' you in to benefits,,it only takes a minute to set the ball rolling.One thing I missed earlier,you said his post comes to your house,,that is pretty strong evidence for them,I was told that the 'only stays 3 nights' thing is now a thing of the past.If your man has personal belongings at your place and his post etc is delivered there,he is deemed to be more than likely living there and.if he is working,he will be expected to support his family.They are not interested in your regular breakups or his unreliability,they are only evidence gatherers. As I said earlier,,any overpayments will be collected back by them at a rate you can afford but if they decide against you the ctax/hb and IS will,at best,be altered to your change of circumstances,at worst completely stopped because they deem you are no longer entitled.

Lillibelle

hi thanks hun,

he sofa surfs so his post eaither comes here or at my dads.

He worked in yorkshire a few years ago for his mate, cash in hand. Stayed at his mum n dads, yet think i was lying because they couldnt trace him there?! i deffo not lying!

they also said because i cried at the iuc, talking about when my mum died, that this makes me guilty?!

Who said you were lying? thats atrocious ! The problem with 'no fixed abode' is proving it,are they saying he lived with you during that time? If you were me,,and this is only what I would do,I'm not saying it's right for you in any way..I would sit down and work out the best options for me and my children because if he's working then he should be supporting you,not the benefit system. Or,knock it all on the head,,stay single,,let him see your kids but don't be compromised re benefits,,cos,even if this lot works out for you,,they will watch you and call you in for regular checks..I'm not trying to be horrible hun,,but thems the facts I'm afraid,,,have you applied to your council for social housing yet?

Lillibelle

yeah im applied but takes 3 years.

we are deffo not together and i dont want him living with me, i told them the only time he stays is when my postnatal depression is so bad i cant get out of bed.

yes they said i was lying alot, and "why dont i just come clean". i said i am coming clean, i havent got nothing to hide which is why im sat here. But you dont want to listen to the truth.

They said "what would the person down the road say if we asked them" i said "i dont know, but how can someone i have never spoken to tell you what goes on behind close doors?! just because it seems that way doesnt mean its true"

I don't understand that either...I asked my interviewer why I was having the interview ( I knew who had made the call cos she emailed me to tell me lol)..All she replied was'I'm not able to tell you why,and if there is a 'who',,all I can say is I have been requested by my manager to IUC you'

Lillibelle

I know I'm getting old so some won't remember this...Back in the day.20 odd years ago I knew a girl who was constantly reporting people to the 'social' aka 'dole' for fiddling claims,,she used to get paid for information and was known as 'brown envelope betty'.

Lillibelle

Were they false allegations she'd made up or real potential fraud and she just happened to know a lot of dishonest people?!
I don't know the ratio of real v fake,,I presume she was right some of the time cos people who hadn't worked in years suddenly found gainful employment for a while :)

Lillibelle

• 2 weeks later...

so i had an op 5days ago, stuck in bed poorly. ex OH is helping kids with my sister in the day.

he came home from work and said there was two women stood watching our house today and friday. and he noticed them a few months ago.

im so mad! i had an interview just under a month ago and not heard a thing.

what shall i do?

:!:

If he sees them again approach and ask their reason for being there.

Meanwhile just ''calm down and carry on''.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

so i had an op 5days ago, stuck in bed poorly. ex OH is helping kids with my sister in the day.

he came home from work and said there was two women stood watching our house today and friday. and he noticed them a few months ago.

im so mad! i had an interview just under a month ago and not heard a thing.

what shall i do?

:!:

I know it has nothing to do with your actual post but it may bring a smile to your face.

My brother has a pub way out in the country. Most of his cutomers are locals and two are just 'one step away from prison' types. They behave so he doesn't really care.

Anyhow a while ago whilst he was having a 'late' session, he noticed a car with two men in it parked up in a private lane overlooking the property. They certainly weren't a 'couple', so thinking that it might be something untoward, such as preparing for a robbery, he went round the back and approached the vehicle from the rear, carrying a baseball bat - for just in case.

I'm not sure who was more surprised my brother or them. It turned out that they were undercover police watching the comings and goings of the two lads that used the pub.

With a few choice words from them about the whole exercise having to be abandoned now, and warning my brother about what he was carrying, they sped off into the night!!!

Hasn't had any problems since.

After that he barred the two lads as he said his regulars were at risk of not being able to get a drink at 4am anymore!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks