my insurance say i must respond to 6mth old claim i reveresed into someone

junaidcg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been contacted by my insurance company about the third claim that other party is taking and it says that if I don't take action with in few days then I am most likely to loose No Claim Bonus.

information about the claim:

The other party claiming that I reversed into third party car about six months ago in parking bay.

but the actual situation was both were reversing and I stopped the car before even colliding, We both were in the middle of the road. I don't know what's third party claiming for?

They probably have got the CCTV footage from shopping center, In this case how should I go step by step to avoid loosing my No Claim Bonus. I have only got a day to react any quick response will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards!

You have just got to tell your Insurers what you remember of this incident and they will deal with it as appropriate. I doubt that they have got any CCTV, unless the third party bothered to contact the security people at the car park within a month or so. Perhaps any CCTV footage would not show the accident anyway.

If you tell them that you were both reversing and managed to stop before any contact was made, then I suspect that your Insurers will believe that the third party is trying to make a fraudulent claim. The fact that you did not tell your Insurers, is that as far as you know, there was no accident.

Just make sure you check your car to ensure there is no visable damage which shows it has been in an accident. If your Insurers want to dispute the third parties claim, they may want someone to inspect your car.

If you don't contact your Insurers, they will presume that you did have an accident, they will pay the third party and you will lose some no claims. The only way you will not lose no claims, is if your Insurers don't pay out anything. They need your help, if you want them to pay nothing to the third party.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for instance reply, I informed my insurance company and let see what they say.

Regards

You have just got to tell your Insurers what you remember of this incident and they will deal with it as appropriate. I doubt that they have got any CCTV, unless the third party bothered to contact the security people at the car park within a month or so. Perhaps any CCTV footage would not show the accident anyway.

If you tell them that you were both reversing and managed to stop before any contact was made, then I suspect that your Insurers will believe that the third party is trying to make a fraudulent claim. The fact that you did not tell your Insurers, is that as far as you know, there was no accident.

Just make sure you check your car to ensure there is no visable damage which shows it has been in an accident. If your Insurers want to dispute the third parties claim, they may want someone to inspect your car.

If you don't contact your Insurers, they will presume that you did have an accident, they will pay the third party and you will lose some no claims. The only way you will not lose no claims, is if your Insurers don't pay out anything. They need your help, if you want them to pay nothing to the third party.