35 hour a week Jobsearh

Flickyhecky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Next monday i am expected to plan out my 35 hour a week Jobsearch for the JC.

How are they going to monitor this, and is it actually possible to search for work for 7 hours solidly every day of the week?

Also setting up a UJ account.

It usually takes me 2 hours a day to do a Jobseach, so it's gonna be a struggle to make it last 7 hours a day!

Get google chrome and use the app to automate it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This goverment is rubbish, how an earth people can do 35 hours a week doing Jobsearch? not a lot of Jobs around and some jobs need driving licence (which people can't apply if their can't drive) and some also state need experience.

This goverment needs sorting out. :x

The reality is that the policy is ideological and punitive and not borne out of any common sense idea. It IS based on a feeling of 'I have to work all day for my money, why do they (the unemployed) get money for nothing?' Solution: Punitive measures including silly numbers of jobseeking hours, workfare, sanctions, useless courses and making life as difficult and stressful as possible for jobseekers.

Edited by estellyn
edited to remove rant

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

They are doing this to me now and the guy last fri told me that nxt year I will be getting a NEW booklet which u will have to go to GREAT lengths to fill!!!!

They are slowly making me ill with all this... I rather have nothing....

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

They are sneaking in the CC

They have been terrible to me with the PWP nonsense

Tell them you have no internet and no pc - its impossible to spend 35 hours on a PC - even in my old office based job we had to take breaks and they were hot on health and safety issues and everyone had to have work station assessments etc even home workers - there were huge levels of sickness related to working long hours on office PCs - RSI was most common along with lighting issues causing headaches etc. Does that not apply?

Tell them you have no internet and no pc - its impossible to spend 35 hours on a PC - even in my old office based job we had to take breaks and they were hot on health and safety issues and everyone had to have work station assessments etc even home workers - there were huge levels of sickness related to working long hours on office PCs - RSI was most common along with lighting issues causing headaches etc. Does that not apply?

I just like to say thanks for that tip stigofthedump, if there tell me to do 35 hours of Jobsearch I will just have to say I don't have a pc and internet.

Don't get me wrong, I apply for jobs everyday but 35 hours a week. its bloody mad when not a lot of Jobs about.

:wink:

I just like to say thanks for that tip stigofthedump, if there tell me to do 35 hours of Jobsearch I will just have to say I don't have a pc and internet.

Don't get me wrong, I apply for jobs everyday but 35 hours a week. its bloody mad when not a lot of Jobs about.

Totally agree and once your tied up with that system they can tell exactly what your doing or not doing - a friend I know is on it all the time and she struggles when her leccy runs out and kids to look after -there are very real Health and Safety issues - don't know if they can force you to go to these work scheme things and make you sit there for 35hrs if you don't have internet access. Has anyone explored H&S issues????????

Hope you get some good luck mate

I don't think anyone has explored the H&S issues.

If you don't have a PC, they'd probably tell you to go to the job centre or library.

I believe in some areas they have places with computers that they send you to, or as said, tell you to go to the library or other places where there is internet.

I am not sure saying you have no connection will get you out of it.

I believe in some areas they have places with computers that they send you to, or as said, tell you to go to the library or other places where there is internet.

Libraries will not be happy with people hogging PCs for 35 hours - that would prevent access to others - I wonder if the JCs know who has internet !! Bet there are some quick trick questions to catch u out - I know they look at facebook and other social media sites

Just imagine the resources they would need if thousands of people in every JCP office claimed that they had no internet. It would cost the tax payer millions to provide enough computers for all of us to spend 35 hours a week seeking non existant jobs.

Times that by the jobless years we could spend hogging them DWP computers and its plain for us all to see that the system will break down. They wont cope.

Yes it might be a pain in the rear end for us at the beggining but if we all decide to go down the internet less route the reward of seeing IDS jumping off Westminster bridge when the system crashes and burns will be well worth it.

I urge EVERYONE on here to, at the nearest oppurtunity, to inform JCP, DWP or WP that you dont have or no longer have internet. Tell everyone you know to do the same, pass the word around.

Tell JCP, DWP and WP that you dont know how to use a computer, if they dont know this, so if we all get sent on computer courses this will cost the taxpayer millions. I for one will act dumb and fail computer courses just to help clog the system up.

If it costs the government billions more to maintain the regime then questions will be asked and the regime will face cuts meaning the end of UJM and other stupid proggrams.

If people are sanctioned for not complying they won't be able to afford the internet.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If people are sanctioned for not complying they won't be able to afford the internet.

Yes, quite. Sanctions should be reserved for the most egregious cases of noncompliance, not used as a matter of routine.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Yes, quite. Sanctions should be reserved for the most egregious cases of noncompliance, not used as a matter of routine.

Yes to "should be"

But I have twice in the past few months been effectively threatened with sanctions because they change how they want my job search recorded

Second time she was a petty vindictive bully who made a failed attempt to bully and openly threaten me with sanctions

Next monday i am expected to plan out my 35 hour a week Jobsearch for the JC.

How are they going to monitor this, and is it actually possible to search for work for 7 hours solidly every day of the week?

Also setting up a UJ account.

It usually takes me 2 hours a day to do a Jobseach, so it's gonna be a struggle to make it last 7 hours a day!

2 hours?

In 2 hours I could easily produce enough evidence that on the face of it would look like I have been searching 24/7!

I would email a copy of my CV and a covering letter to every company, business etc using the following link.

http://www.kellysearch.co.uk/

Job applications would amount to the thousands a week. And when you have managed to get through the whole of the categories and names from A to Z first time round, just use your email address links to resend them every few months.

Then give the JC a print out of the CV and covering letter and all of the businesses that you have emailed - that should keep you busy for a couple of hours a week.

I would love to see the advisor's face every time that you sign on when you present a list containing upwards of 5000 applications!

• 1 month later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48553[/ATTACH]

Hi,

The Jobseekers Allowance Regulations 2013 came into force on 29th April 2013 and it states the new 35 hours per week job search requirement. However, it allows for certain deductions from the 35 hrs: max 50% of your agreed work search requirement can be voluntary work. ie 17,5 hrs.

The mistery is: who does this 35 hrs per week job search requirement relate to because most claimants do not have to do. I've been claiming since August 2013 so you would think the 2013 regulations relate to me. I am on the Work Programme, finishing soon.

Click on the .jpg links above to see the law about this 35 hrs job search and the allowed hours of voluntary work / work preparation.

When did the original poster sign on / start date of claim? Anyone knows which JSA claimants have to do the 35 hours documented job search per week? I have to be available for work for 40 hrs per week but no required hours of weekly job search in my agreement.