BankFodder BankFodder

lizstan

Blemain Finance & excessive charges & Repo attempt.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2270 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, im new to this but

am having problems with Blemain.

My loan was 5k in 2006 now out of term and

they say i owe £6500 still in charges, late payment fees etc etc.

I have started a PPI claim against them already as it has come to light they never cancelled it when i requested they did

but now would like to see if i can make them reduce/wipeoff their enormous charges

- any advice would be apprecited as these people are beyond reason ...

.......... thanks

welcome aboard

have you all the statements ?

dx

no ive done one of those sar thingies that i found on here earlier today

but would be interested to know if anyone actually got anywhere with it.

i dont recall that they sent statements unless i requested them

but they do send me letters and lots of them and charge me for them as well.

they are currently trying to repo my house despite my account being out of term now

and they have refused verbally to review their charges on my account already

Presuming the loan was regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (and I see no reason why it should not have been), then from October 2008 onwards Blemain were obliged to send you statements at least annually. Their failure to do so has consequences for them as laid down in CCA2006.

What was the original term of the loan?

You say they are trying to repossess your house, have they actually started the legal process for that? If so then I would guess you need urgent help to fight them, and the guiding hand of some of CAG's legal brains.

yeah they are, i have two weeks to find another 400 (paid 600 at end of october) to stop repo order scheduled for 20th november, fingers crossed i will have it. as far as i am aware i dont have copies off the paperwork it was regulated, i have requested a sar from them last week and am waiting for this but to my recollection they have not sent me statements so who would i report them to for this. thanks

It's not so much a case of reporting them, more that they are not allowed to add interest while they are non-compliant (I think, I would need to look at the regulations closely).

It seems to me that since you are in the legal process you need better help than I can give, I will flag your thread up to the site team to get you moved over to the appropriate forum and have the experts look at your case.

If there is a repossession hearing, then I think this needs to be in the forum for repossessions.. so will move it there now.

You should certainly be making plans to reclaim any of the charges that you have been hit with.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Was the loan secured against your property or is there a charging order?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.