• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Pounds to Pocket Complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I recently made a complaint to pounds to pocket in which I have had a response of the telephone today (awaiting a written response) I am somewhat disbelieving of the resolution but I will attempt to explain below.

This is the complaint that I made and pretty much sums up what has happened:

to whom it may concern,

This email is in regards to my account *******.

I wish to lodge a complaint today the 05/11/2013 and wish for my complaint to be dealt with in a timely manner.

I am appalled by the service and pathetic excuses I have received since taking my loan out on the 24/10/2013. I decided on Saturday 02/11/2013 that this loan was the wrong solution for me. So I went online and spoke to an advisor wishing to repay. I was informed they would need to update my bank details after recently switching my account. I agreed to giving my new card details in which the advisor could take payment. I was told my card had been declined, and to contact my bank. I spoke to them to find pounds to pocket had not attempted to take any funds, and was advised to contact yourselves again.

I contacted back a 2nd time and spoke to a new advisor, I was told pounds to pocket were experiencing some technical issue, and advised to try again in 24 hours. Following your advise on the 03/11/13 I spoke to a 3rd advisor, they too explained they were experiencing technical issues, they re-assured me that the amount I would need to repay would not change from the £782.32 I was quoted on saturday, and to try again in 24 hours.

So I contacted you back a 4th time on the 04/11/13 as advised. I spoke to an adviser this time who originally quoted me a higher amount, after explaining they stated they could see a note on the system and corrected the amount to £782.32, I wished to proceed to make payment explaining as his or her colleague had previously they would need to update my card details.

This advisor was very abrupt in telling me this was not possible, I would have to make a payment using the details on file. I did my best to explain that I had closed that bank account, and have a account I can make full and final payment with today. They were adamant despite previous conversations with your colleagues this isn’t possible, but due to the situation this can be escalated to a manager with the amount payable to remain the same. I begrudgingly accepted and was told to contact back again in 24 hours.

So today, 24 hours later I log into my account. With the intention of going onto your live chat service to make payment. I was shocked and confused to find my account is in default, and the amount due has risen by almost £100. How could this be possible when the first payment isn’t even due? So for the 5th and final time I went to speak to an advisor. I was transferred to your collections department. I spoke to the advisor here who was no help what so ever, much like every employee of pounds to pocket so far. They explained the account is under review and to contact back again in, guess? Yes another 24 hours.

I have several points from the above explaination I wish for you to justify.

Why did it take an online company 48 hours in order to take a debit card payment?

Why would the first colleague accept the payment details, but not the 4th?

Why is my account in default, with ridiculous fees added onto my balance?

I would also like to know, and have you confirm to me in writing that no default has been levied against my name, or on my credit profile.

I am extremely disappointed, having used your services before to find that you could treat anybody this way. The drop down box responses, ridiculous excuses, and unprofessionalism of your company has forced my hand in writing this complaint.

I expect written acknowledgement of my complaint with 7 working days, and recompense for the time, effort, and stress pounds to pocket has caused me.

You may contact me by post or email, or by phone after 6PM.

Regards,

NATHAN3699 (an unsatisfied customer)

My complaint was acknowledged today by email, and as requested i received a call this evening.

No apology was given but I had been told my account was closed and that there will be no balance to pay. confused I asked to clarify, in which he repeated the same. I asked if there would be n impact to my credit file in terms of the so called default. I was told there shouldn't be. I have asked for the above in writing which I am waiting to receive, but I am incredibly surprised that they would role over so easily.

Especially when I am able to repay my debts and have offered to in full, could anybody possibly offer me some insight to why they would do this. Have they broken some sort of code of conduct? Fear of loosing they're licence? Or is it actually to good to be true?

I appreciate that was a lot of reading, but I am even more surprised by the outcome than the service I have received, nothing in life is free.

Thanks, Nathan

Edited by citizenB

I think now is the time for you to stop fluffing around with Pounds to Pocket and escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?399260-Feel-that-you-ve-been-treated-unfairly-by-your-Payday-loan-lender-COMPLAIN-TO-THE-FOS!!(2-Viewing)-nbsp

Email or write to P2P and tell them that unless they resolve your complaint with.. say 7 days .... removing the default which has been incurred due to their sloppy administration, that you are going to escalate your complaint to the FOS. On the 7th day.. submit your complaint.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Youll probably find out that theyll sell the debt on, and then claim no phone call was ever made.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Technically they have resolved my complaint.

If they do as they said they would which is to write off the debt without registering anything other than settled on my credit report.

What I am looking for is some insight into why they would do this. It seems incredibly odd to me that a company would refuse a payment from someone able to repay in full, then to write off the debt with no consequences. After all this loan is only a few days old, no payments have been missed, and I have offered to pay in full numerous times, which they will have a record of.

Youll probably find out that theyll sell the debt on, and then claim no phone call was ever made.

This would seem like a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

wouldn't they recoup less selling a debt on than taking full payment from me?

They would but most of the time they can afford to do it as they scare and garass others into paying.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Just an update.

Today as promised I received this in writing.

Dear Nathan3699,

Customer ID: *******

Re: Account closure

Per our telephone conversation yesterday we discussed the status of your account, which is currently closed. You have no further responsibility to Pounds to Pocket. I apologise for any miscommunication you may have received from our customer support team. Please be advised that you owe zero monies to Pounds to Pocket, and no negative marks will be made to your credit file on behalf of Pounds to Pocket.

Please feel free to contact me for further discussion on the account at ************************ should you have any additional queries.

Sincerely,

Direct Line: 0800 016 3114

Manager

After receiving this I must say I am quite happy. They have dealt with my complaint quickly, resolved far beyond my expectations. Despite my original scepticism and with the resolution in writing I can sleep easy.

The question still stands to why they would do this, but :clap2: for resolving my complaint I expected far worse.

Good result. However, i would press them for confirmation that they wont try and sell it on, as they leave that option open in the wording of that mail.

However, that letter should be proof enough that no debt exists should they try and sell on.

• 6 months later...

Dealt with? Ha not so.

Checked my credit profile to find a default!!!!!! Absolutely fuming with them now.

On the phone... on hold for the last 30 minutes... Any advice? I've kept all communications with them.

Phone calls are futile. Get a recorded delivery letter direct to their compliance director.

Dealt with? Ha not so.

Checked my credit profile to find a default!!!!!! Absolutely fuming with them now.

On the phone... on hold for the last 30 minutes... Any advice? I've kept all communications with them.

They hung up at 38:16 lets try attempt 2...

• 1 month later...
Did you manage to resolve this?

http://www.mainstreamlending.org.uk/pounds_in_your_pocket/

I'm in a similar predicament with Pounds to Pocket, I will be reporting to fos for sure.

Lesson learned from this:

Do not attempt to negotiate on the telephone:

1. information given by "customer (dis) service " operatives cannot be relied upon, they have a script from which they cannot deviate.

2. Keep all such contact in writing (e-mail if necessary).

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: