• Tweets

• I don't think it will be especially more difficult or less difficult than trying to get the car repaired – and afterwards it will be considerably easier because you won't have the constant anxiety of having to deal with the same dealer.
    • Additionally, although on the basis of what you say, if you bring a claim against them then your chances of success are much better than 95% – the problem will be, as ever, the problem of enforcement. If this person all these people are serious about ripping people off and avoiding their consumer obligations, then you can be sure that they will be quite good at avoiding the enforcement of judgements. This needs to be very seriously thought about before you start investing money on bringing a claim which will be successful but won't bring you any return
    • Yes, a small claim is absolutely feasible. You need to make sure that you've got evidence of the tampering and also so that a judge can understand it, I think you need to get a little bit of very simple documentation about what this is and how the tampering works and what it achieves. Secondly, you need to accumulate a good file of evidence showing this person's trading activities and the fact that they are posing as a private seller when in fact they are in business. In terms of any contract, if the car is unroadworthy then it is in breach of contract. You don't give us any information about what the car is, when you bought it, or how much you paid. Please could you give us the information. Also, who are you dealing with? Don't be shy about putting this up on the forum. There is no disadvantage to you. Finally, you're talking about the wrong act of Parliament. The sale of goods act has been superseded by the consumer rights act 2015
    • I think it's best to get rid of the car.   But it's going to be a struggle.
    • Hi Lutz and welcome to CAG   We have seen many similar cases over the last 10+ years. You will hear nothing useful from the bank for at least a few weeks.   You will have triggered 1 or more markers that start the bank blocking and investigating the account - it could be large sums of cash, money from abroad, or other events.   Get the SAR sent off immediately. I would send it to :- Barclays Bank PLC, 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP   Send it by email if you can find an email address to use that's appropriate.   Then, as BankFodder has already said, work quickly to open a new account - this should be your immediate priority because Barclays will tell you nothing useful in the next few weeks.   If you have bought a property recently, I assume you were able to satisfy the solicitor with regard to passing Anti Money Laundering checks. However, this will not help  you get access to your money with Barclays.
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2556 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Got a ticket for parking in Threadneedle Street EC,

the kerb markings were there and not very visible,

couldn't see the restriction sign on a post,

when I got the ticket the sign was planted on a wall quite high up,

do I have any grounds to appeal and is it worth it.

Do the council have the obligation to ensure kerb markings are clear and precise rather than broken and not very visible,

I also notice the vehicle in front of me didn't get a ticket as I asked the driver

Can you give more details.

What is the contravention stated on the PCN?

The council does have to maintain signs and lines in a clear fashion. I would guess Threadneedle Street has double yellows? What are the kerb markings you mention?

the contravention is parked where there is a loading restriction, the kerb blips need to be clear and the sign or signs also need to be clear showing (as you have said single line on kerb) the times the restriction is in place.

the first sign needs to be within 15mtrs of the start of the restriction and the next needs to be within 30mtrs of the restriction, do you have any photos of where you were parked? hope that helps

Can you check Google Streetview to get an idea of where the sign is? It's probably correct if it's wall-mounted (no need for them to stretch the regulations as far as the nearest lamppost), but in any case, if the kerb markings indicate a loading ban, and are not clear, that might invalidate the restriction - depends what kind of state they are in.

having looked at streetview, all the signs are all wall mounted, as for how far apart they are i can not tell. does the photos they have sent show the kerb blips, are you able to post up the photos you have minus any personal details

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick one, got a ticket for being parked on Threadneedle street London EC. when I checked the double yellow line, there is no T-bar at the end of the yellow line and on the other side it becomes a red route line after the double yellow, also the kerb markings are not very clear, restriction sign was on a wall which I didn't see and was from 0700hr to 1900hr. is there grounds to lodge an appeal on the grounds the Double Yellow lines didn't have the T-bar or the kerb markings were faded

Didn't you post this before?

Absence of a T-bar is not grounds to win an appeal.

Kerb markings may or may not be sufficient - we'd need to see a photo to make a judgement.

If the sign is in order, and you were ticketed for the correct contravention at the correct time of day, then that would be valid. We'll need to know what the contravention is, stated on the PCN, and what time you were ticketed.