Disabilty /old age pension - ** RESOLVED **

pin62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello can anyone help me, I have sent off my ESA50 a few weeks ago and I receive DLA and I.B.my wife also gets care allowance and income support, If I should happen to lose my benefits I know my wife would lose hers. I'm 65 in about 18mths so could I claim as a married couple only my wife has been told she will not get her pension till she is around 64,I hope I have made myself understood and thankyou for any replies.

Just to be clear, your wife receive's CA and IS because she is your carer, yes? She doesn't care for anyone else? If so, her benefit would only be affected if your DLA changed. Even if you aren't awarded ESA, that won't stop her payments.

You could possibly consider State Pension Credit if you were born before 5th Feb 1952..

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hello antone, Yes my wife gets paid CA and IS for looking after me.Would I be able to claim as couple for old age pension if I lost my DLA? I was asked if I wanted to change to pension credit but decided to stay as I was so not to complicate things. Thanks again, pin62

Would I be able To claim for my wife when I get my old age pension or would it be better for her to claim her own at a reduced rate when she is 64. What is the rate of old age pension for a couple. Thank you for any info. pin62

Hello there.

Have either of you checked out your potential pension on the Benefits Agency website? That should give you a good idea of what your income will be. They need a few details plus your NI numbers. I've always found it very useful.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, Just had a phone call from jobcentreplus telling me that I have been put into support group as not fit for work now or in the future.What I don't understand is they have said I will receive a letter telling me all about the decision and will also get a p45, Is this normal. Thanks for any info, pin62.

hi

As far as I see, they are signing you off from IB and putting you on ESA. This means you no longer have to put in sick notes nor look for a job (if you could). This is why (I think) you are getting your p45.

The letter should tell you what benefit rate you will get and any disregards (DLA)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how long it takes for a letter to arrive from Jobcenterplus after getting a phone call saying that I'm to be put into support group, I don't feel I can settle till I have it in black and white. Thank you. pin 62

I would suggest applying for Pension Credit as that with Carer's allowance will give you an income of about £240 per week. You don't get paid the carer's allowance but you get an allowance on the the PC. This is providing you do not have savings of over £16,000.

Thank you Surfer01 for your reply, I know about Pension credits, what I was wanting to know was had anyone had the phone call and how long they had to wait for the letter to arrive. Thanks again pin62

Hello Surfer01, I have already sent off my original medical notes and ESA50 form so don't have anymore notes to be able to show anyone. When I got the phone call they said I was being put into support group they never said anything about a home visit or to have a medical.The letter I'm waiting for is the one to verify what they had said to me.

Hello Surfer01, No need for the apology I'm grateful for any help given, we are all in the same position and I think its great that there are nice helpful people around.Thanks again.pin62

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone and Happy New Year, I'm still waiting for the letter from jCP telling me about me being put in support group. i had a phone call on the 28th November so over a month now of waiting, my wife did telephone JCP about the letter and was told it was clerical so not able to look at my case but not to worry either, can anyone tell me what clerical means. Its starting to get me down now with all this waiting. i know that they would have been busy with Christmas and the New year but I'm thinking if they had time to telephone me they would have had time to put a letter together. Sorry if I'm rambling. pin62

Hello everyone and Happy New Year, I'm still waiting for the letter from jCP telling me about me being put in support group. i had a phone call on the 28th November so over a month now of waiting, my wife did telephone JCP about the letter and was told it was clerical so not able to look at my case but not to worry either, can anyone tell me what clerical means. Its starting to get me down now with all this waiting. i know that they would have been busy with Christmas and the New year but I'm thinking if they had time to telephone me they would have had time to put a letter together. Sorry if I'm rambling. pin62

Claims are normally processed and maintained on a computer system. Sometimes, due to a system error, a claim has to be fully removed from the computer system and kept on old fashioned paper - this is known as a clerical claim. When you phone up, the people who answer the phones have no access to the paper claims, so can't look at them. Because letters are normally computer generated, it means these sometimes get missed by a processor who will have to physically fill in your entitlement letter and send it to you. As long as you're being paid, then there are no problems. If you need a letter, ask the person you speak to for a callback by your decision maker, and then you can ask them to send an entitlement letter. Alternatively, the person on the phone may be able to send a message to the decision maker requesting another entitlement letter to be sent.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Hello again, Just a update regarding my letter, My wife spoke to someone from the Grimsby office on Monday and was assured that a letter would be sent out this week and was also told one had been sent on the 2nd of December which we had not received. My wife asked for a letter telling us all the details of how i had been awarded ESA and being put in the support group as not being fit enough now or in the future like we was told with the phone call we had received on the 28th of November. Well the letter arrived today thanking us for enquiring about how much I would be paid and nothing on how they had made the decision to place me in support group. We already know how much I was being paid it was paid in the bank last week, My wife went back on the phone today to try and ask about the letter first she was put through to Grimsby office who didn't know anything about a letter we then had to phone back and got through to someone in Pembrokeshire who then had to put us through to someone else so in total we have spoken to 10 people now just to get this letter, so now I have to wait till next week. I felt sorry for the people who work in these offices but alot of them don't seem to want to listen to you and just tell you anything just to get you off the phone. Sorry but end of my tether.pin62

Hi

I think the important thing at the moment is: Are you getting your benefit?

With your ESA50 they assessed you on that (you don't mention going to an assessment) Any letter you get will just tell you that you in the support group and will not go in to details as to why. If you did have an assessment then you can apply for the assessment notes although I think there is a time limit to get them.

As you get DLA, you should get a premium on your ESA. Why not have a look at the link below to see if you can roughly work out what you are supposed to be getting.

http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2012-1830/ScheduleofproposedbenefitratesfromApril2013.pdf

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hello silverfox1961, Thankyou for replying I'm getting my benefit paid into the bank no problem. Why I need the letter is for my own piece of mind if I have it in black and white then I have proof of what they say I;m entitled too and why.I know it may sound like I'm being paranoid but thats one of my problems sorry. pin62

I do appreciate your predicament as it has happened to me too. I had to have an assessment last year and I got placed in the support group but as my benefit did not change (up or down) no letter was sent. If yours has gone up then they should have let you know.

The easiest way for you to work out what is what is to check what has been paid into your bank, divide by two then use the link I posted above to do the calculations.

Hello and good afternoon, I have been told that I'm in support group till October 2015, I'm 65 years old in July 2015. Can anyone tell me what happens after October. Thank you for any info. pin 62.