New Job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My post has been made redundant and the company I work for has offered me another position. I don't think it is anywhere similar to my old job and I won't be using the skills that I have gained over the past few years. I think that I will struggle with doing the new job.

Could you tell me what happens if I turn the job down - would I get redundancy money? I have a four week trial to see if I like the job or whether I'm suitable etc. If I don't like the job can I give my notice in during the 4 week period or do I have to wait until the 4 weeks are up?

If you turn down suitable alternative employment you've no legal right to redundancy money. Defining suitable is a minefield tho.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

you'll need strong reasons. Stronger than "I don't like it." Feel free to post them up and we'll be able to see if there are any holes we can poke in them to make them stronger.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!