Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I agree with my site team colleague @slick132 but with variations. These people have been needing you around and cause you serious harm in terms of the amount of effort that you have been put to as well as the damage to your credit file. You have taken all sorts of different stories and also been misled by them as to their statutory obligations in respect of data disclosures. It has taken the issue of court claim to get them to make any move. You have taken control of the situation and it is you who has the whip hand at the moment. They are now proposing to telephone you to discuss the matter in some way – but you have no idea. Also, you have no idea who you are going to be speaking to and whether they have authority to commit Virgin to anything at all. If you agree to this phone call then you are at risk of handing control back to them because they will partly ask you to withdraw the action and they will also offer to make a payment as a "gesture of goodwill". Now that you have attracted their attention and they realise that something needs to be taken seriously, I don't think you should let go of the initiative. Please can you post up the email which you received from them. He was it from and what is that person's role within the company. I think you should write to them and refuse the call and tell them that you are happy to discuss matters that you will want to know what it is they think they have to discuss and who will it be who will be phoning you – and will that person has any authority to make decisions. I think should also emphasise to virgin that they are already in breach of their statutory duty. That if they decide to file a defence that they will have to sign it is a statement of truth subject to a sanction for contempt of court and that as they are clearly in breach of their statutory obligations, it would not be possible for them to sign off such a statement of truth and if they do, then you will bring the whole thing to the attention of the court and invite the court to express their own opinion on the matter. I think it's very important that they tell you in advance what they propose to discuss. I think you should tell them that if they're not prepared to disclose the purpose of their phone call and the points that they intend to cover and if the phone call is not made by somebody at a suitably elevated managerial level, then you are not prepared to discuss the matter. I'm afraid that I'm struck by the naïveté of your statement which I suppose is intended to be assertive.   Haven't we reached a point yet where you understand that you can't trust these people and although you may discuss various things on the telephone, if they then are required to minute the conversation and provide you with the resume of the conversation, you are handing them carte blanche to present the conversation in a way that suits them together with nuances included or removed, and generally slanted in their favour. They might not – but you are certainly opening up the possibilities and if that's what they do, how are you going to counter them and say that they have not correctly recorded what you discussed and agreed? You seem to be doing everything you can to keep on handing the baton back to Virgin. I have no idea why. You should not get involved in any telephone conversation unless you have first read our customer services guide and you are recording the call for your own benefit. If you cannot do this or you are not prepared to do this then don't take the call at all. Please will you post up the email that you have received, let me have your comments on what I've posted here and if you agree we will draft a response. You might like to start. Apparently they are proposing to telephone today and so we need to get a move on. If they happen to telephone before you have received a written reply to your message, then you should simply tell the caller that you are still waiting for their response to the email which you sent a little while earlier and you're not prepared to discuss anything until you have their written reply to that.
    • Well done on getting your refund and thanks for the update. I understand that you are still out of pocket. If you would like to get that money back and we will help you and I think it will be fairly straightforward. The amount of money outstanding is scarcely worth his while causing any trouble. It would be very helpful if you could post up a link to the new advertisement and also do you have any pics of the car and also its registration number please. I think we owe this to possible new owners in case they come to this forum.
    • im being an idiiot, its late, ive corrected those dates and will submit tomorrow unless someone states otherwise
    • ive gone through all documents no DN but they include one in their application dated 13 oct 2016
    • so far i cant see a default notice but they state 13 oct 2016, im trying to find documents now
  • Our picks

Northern Rock/Pinnacle PPI advice please


Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2585 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi there

 

First post here!

 

After speaking to an IFA about our financial position, I realised that we had PPI on two accounts with Northern Rock (through Pinnacle, and both were sold to us for our mortgage, one at first application and the second one when we topped up the mortgage for a house extension).

 

When we applied for them we were told we must have them in place or the mortgage wouldn't be approved. Our IFA told us that wasn't allowed and that we had a claim for PPI.

 

So I followed the process, and sent off the questionnaire to Pinnacle in early August and received a letter back saying that PPI claims had to be dealt with through NR as they were responsible for selling them to us and Pinnacle were only underwriting them. Pinnacle then sent the letter on to NR.

 

In early September I received a letter from NR saying that they were looking into the claim. Then I received another letter in early Oct saying that they hadn't been able to look into the claim properly, and that they hoped I'd give them more time to look into it.

 

I've now received another letter today, saying that they haven't been able to look into the claim properly yet and that they hope to be able to do it within four weeks, but if they can't, then they'll update me at that point.

 

This is the only PPI we've ever had, and we only took it out because we were advised to by NR.

I wouldn't usually take out any PPI as my husband and I both had jobs (at the time) which would have paid a generous redundancy and full sick pay for six months.

 

My husband was made redundant in April and, according to our IFA, because he had a redundancy payout,

we wouldn't have been able to claim the PPI.

 

Now we are self employed, the terms of the PPI exclude us anyway.

 

So needless to say I cancelled both policies straightaway.

 

What should I do now?

 

Leave the NR to investigate and come back to me within 4 weeks or take it elsewhere (presumably the FOS)?

 

I'm in no hurry for the money to come back, just as long as it does come back!

 

Many thanks :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

they ideally by FOS guidelines only have 8 weeks!!

 

don't forget reclaim on both policies too!!

 

have you all the statements to be able to tell what they have charged& what the reclaim should be?

 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have (or can get) bank statements, showing the amount taken off each month. Is that what you mean? I;'d have to have a rifle through my documents to see if they send me a yearly statement, off the top of my head, I don't think they do.........?

 

So by FOS guidelines, they're overdue? They did send me a leaflet about the FOS, but the letter said they hoped I'd give them more time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, what I mean is that I don't think Pinnacle have ever sent me a yearly statement, the payments have just come out of our bank account as direct debits. NR send us a yearly mortgage statement though, which I have from years back, but that doesn't detail the PPIs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

you need to get all the mortgage statement here me thinks

 

if it was a lump sum paid at the start to 'someone'

then your mortgage company IS responsible.

 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A Northern Rock sold Cardif Pinnacle Policy will always be a monthly paid policy - because it is essentially a pay as you go policy and there is no credit Northern Rock are not required to send you a yearly statement and payments will not show on your mortgage statement. In the vast majority of cases your payments will have remained constant throughout i.e you were sold a second policy rather than amending the first one. i.e if you know the start date you can calculate how much you have paid for each policy and use the 8% statutory interest spread sheet to calculate the interest. Alternatively Pinnacle should be able to provide a full premium history,

 

In terms of the 8 weeks to investigate, if your lender hasn't finished the complaint in this time they must advise you that you are able to go to FOS hence the letter with the leaflet - i.e You can go to FOS when you receive a decision or if you haven't received a decision within 8 weeks. My own view is always to escalate to FOS at the earliest opportunity due to the massive queues - If NR make an offer that is correct whilst your case is awaiting a FOS decision you can always withdraw your complaint from FOS (But never do so until you receive the actual payment)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...